Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP 7000 firmware update - a few suggestions

bmgr
Advisor

IP 7000 firmware update - a few suggestions

Finally got around to update the firmware and bootrom on an IP 7000. Was a bit of a challenge to figure out how it worked and get all the needed files in place.

It was running firmware 3.3.1 which I presume is what the unit I have shipped with.

A few things I would suggest for updating from such an old firmware:

Note down settings before the upgrade and make sure you know your password. I lost the settings and had to re-enter them.

If using a Windows PC as your provisioning server and the phone can't connect to FTP/TFTP you may need to change settings on the firewall on your PC at least temporarily to allow the phone to connect.

The web interface on the new firmware is a lot better and the phone sounds better as well.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP 7000 firmware update - a few suggestions

Hello @bmgr ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

We moved from the old-style pre UC software version around 10 years ago so you are a bit late.

Jun 08, 2017 Question: Is there a special process that needs to be followed upgrading a SoundStation IP6000 or IP7000?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2