Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I have 15 polycom IP 7000 - SIP sets connected to Alcatel PABX, intermittent we are getting one minute one way speech issue after 25 min or 30 min on the poycom SIP sets.

Alcatel side IP phones are working in the same range no issue on the phones. only SIP phones is having one minute one way speech issue, anyone came across this issue before, how can we resolve this.

Thanx in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Rajan

software version of phones?

Have you checked the config of your PBX to ensure its not an issue/config error on there?

Have you ran a debug/capture/syslog on the phone to see if there are any errors showing?

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

AM sure it's not a PABX issue, we found thread one way speech issue from the community forum, please go to this link

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/calls-drop-to-one-way-audio-exaclty-15-minutes-into-the-call/m-...

but i don't know how to pull the sip.cfg file from polycom phones to cross verify the data. Any idea?

Thabx

HP Recommended

Hello Rajan,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Its not a good idea to post the moderators directly via PM to request help as this deprives other community users from an visible reply to a post.

There is also no need to make a moderator aware of a new post as we will reply if we can.

Gotten above out of the way the questions are as follows:

• Have you contacted Alcatel yet on this issue as they would have done the interoperability testing with our conferencing products and would be able to fully advise you of the relevant programming and configuration steps.

• As already advised its always useful to post the currently used software version as others and yourself can cross reference this against our publicly available software release notes for known or fixed issues.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I assume above is a registration / re-registration timer issue and you can simply take a wireshark trace from a spanned port and then monitor the call.

If this always happens at the same time it should be pretty simple to clarify who's is causing the issue.

The linked post actually deals with a dropped call and not with one way audio.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Deeply sorry for the PM, Please find below SW details fetched from Polycom.

Model: SoundStation IP 7000

Assembly: 3111-40000-001 Rev J

Bootblock: 2.8.0_40000-001.0017

Boot Rom: 4.1.3.0052

Label: SIP

Version: 3.1.3.0439

P/N: 3150-11530-313

File: Sip.Id

Label: PolyDSP PNX1700 Mem1 FS1

Version: 3.2.0.0005

P/N: 3150-11580-320

I have checked with Alcatel-Lucent for interworking reports and i got the document says 

Platform (OmniPCX4400/Enterprise, OmniTouch,OmniPCX Office, ...) OmniPCX Enterprise Alcatel-Lucent compatibility
release R10.1 ( j2.501)
Partner’s application version - IP 5000: 4.0.1.13681/ IP 6000: 4.0.1.13681 / IP 7000: 4.0.1.13681 / DUO: 4.0.2.11307

i think we need to upgrade the software in Polycom phones but am not sure it looks like a big jump from 3.1.3 sip version to UC 4.0.1 / i have no idea upgrade can be done for this SIP phones, any specific things need to be followed, need your advise on this.

Thanx for your reply and it was really helpful to analyze

HP Recommended

Hello Rajan,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

I would suggest to go straight to UCS 4.0.4

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Am planning upgrade IP 7000 Ploycom phones from 3.1.3 to UCS 4.0.4 as you suggested, just want to know is there any step by step doc is available for me, if so please share it, am not sure hpw to set up a boot server and config servers.

when i do that i feel like it's a big jump on software release / any other specific parameters i have to take care of it. Please advise. Thanx.

HP Recommended

hi Guys,

we have the same issues with OmniPCX PBX and IP7000

Some versions 3.1.2 seem to work, while 3.3.3 does not.

Was there any solution found?

tx

HP Recommended

Hello ChrisF,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Based on Rajan's post => here <= Alcatel suggest or has tested Version UCS 4.0.1 and I would suggest you update the phone to a currently supported version.

For the SSIP7000 I suggest to use UCS 4.0.4 and not any of the newer Versions.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above explains how to upgrade the phone.

In addition I suggest this post next:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you follow the above you will be able to upload the phone logs and then troubleshoot your issue.

If you require any further support I suggest to contact your Polycom reseller for Tier 1 support or they can raise a ticket with Polycom support for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks will try that out & let u know.

Just wanted to know if that actually fixed the issue first 🙂

cr

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.