Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I did try the search to no avail.

We've recently got a Polycom IP 7000. Settings are mostly at default.

When we dial a conference service, we have to press * to signify that we're the leader. However, doing this from the Polycom just brings up the dial tone. I'm 99% sure it's a digit map issue - i've seen plenty of configs on how to allow *xx code entry, but I just want the * key to behave like it would on a basic phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello dkelly84,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not fully sure what scenario you are describing. In addition its always useful to provide an information on the currently used Software version.

If I understand correctly you dial a conference service and if you are in the conference (active call) you are asked to press the star/* ?

If this is correct then the phone should just send an inbound DTMF tone for the star.

If above does not describe the scenario please explain in more detail.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you seem to have interpreted my problem correctly - I'm expecting the DTMF tone for * to be sent, but instead I get the dialing tone, and then "Timed out" shortly after if I press no further keys.

As for software versions:

SIP Software Version 3.3.1.0953

BootROM Software Version 4.3.0.0616

Thanks

HP Recommended

Just to update, I have upgraded to 

UC Software Version 4.0.4.2906

BootROM Software Version5.0.1.10553

But the problem persists.

HP Recommended

Hello dkelly84,

I believe this must be an issue on your side or on your SIP server / bridge.

Just tried this myself with a SSIP7000 running UCS 4.0.4 and when I am in a call I can simply press the Star button and the Phone still stays connected to the initial number.

If I lower the logging level for Key to a Event 2 Level and check the log after I pressed the Key I see:

001018.958|key  |2|03|Time=000381.053 KeyPress=11 (DialpadStar)
001019.198|key  |2|03|Time=000381.293 KeyRelease=11 (DialpadStar)

I suggest you check this via a wireshark trace as this sounds like the 8 initiating another call either on the bridge or the PABX you are using.

For more troubleshooting please consult your Polycom reseller and or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.