Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

.... and some more testing with wireshark and it looks like the problem is a bad NIC or something with the internals.  I hooked up wireshark to sniff the packets coming out of the phone and there are zero - nada!

Is there any way to test the NIC or re-enable it somehow, or is the phone dead?

HP Recommended

Hello msoultan,

Not knowing any history of this phone I can only assume it is broken and needs an RMA.

You have tested already various ways to reset it and the only way to get a new software on it is via the network.

Have you yet tried to factory default as shown => here <= ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Oddly enough, this phone is a replacement that we got a couple years back because the first one was DOA, so who knows the history of this one before we owned it!?

I'll give your link another look and see if any of those keypresses will spark some activity, but it would seem to me like something is broken inside as it should at least be sending out some network traffic when it turns on (DHCP requests, etc).  That is, unless there's a way to have the firmware disable all network traffic?

thanks,

Mike

HP Recommended

I tried the key combination ideas but no luck - that page also says it should taking 9 seconds to cancel autoboot and it takes about 3 minutes on my phone.  Also, I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but the IP7000 isn't included in the "since UCS 3.3.0 section".  First part says this:

Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays:

• SoundPoint IP 550, 560, and 650, and VVX 1500: 4, 6, 8, and * dial pad keys

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, SoundStation 5000 , 7000 and SoundStation Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

• SoundStation IP 6000: 6, 8, and * dial pad key

• VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500,VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

Since UCS 3.3.0 and the introduction of the Updater the starting of the Application has to be canceled:

then further below:

• Do not press Setup but press the matching multiple key combination below instead

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, SoundStation 5000 and Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

• VVX 300, 310, 400, 410: dial pad keys 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

• VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500, VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

I'm not sure if that's just a typo or intentional, but I just thought I'd let you know.  Going to call in for an RMA.

Thanks!

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello mike,

Unsure what the Typo should be but the phone boots like this:

• Polycom Logo
  • Blank screen showing cancel
    now select this

• Screen will display a countdown with Setup About

• Now press the Multiple Key combination

The phone will ask you for the factory reset password.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Look in the top section and you'll see that IP 7000 is included, yet in the bottom section it's not.  So in other words, in the section that describes what is done since UCS 3.3.0, below that the instructions don't include IP 7000. ...and yes, after some more testing it's a typo - you need to make sure 7000 is part of the instructions in the section below.  I was able to get that combo to work after it finally gets to the setup/about screen and I'm able to use that combo while it's counting down and then it asks if I want to do a reset, I enter a password and it just sits at "resetting configuration, please wait", so there's still a problem with the phone (getting it RMA'd now).

Here's the section that needs updating (7000 is bolded and underlined and blue):

Do not press Setup but press the matching multiple key combination below instead

• SoundPoint IP 321, 331, 335, 450, SoundStation 5000, 7000 and Soundstation Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

• VVX 300, 310, 400, 410: dial pad keys 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

• VVX 300 , 310, 400, 410 , VVX 500, VVX600 and SpectraLink 8400 Series: 1, 3, and 5 dial pad keys

HP Recommended

I got the new phone... it turns on 🙂

Should be all good.  Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Were you ever able to get the original phone working? I have an old Soundstation IP 550, exact same issue with the hanging on saves/resets, and same result with wireshark showing no traffic (but the link is up on the switch).

Just wanted to check before I tear it open and look around...

For anyone else that finds, this here's all the screens where it hangs forever. I've even let the thing sit on those screens for weeks with no change...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.