Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our phone is acting really strange and getting stuck on the main image when rebooting.  I hit the right button and I was able to get into the configuration menu and went to format file system.  Now I've rebooted it and it is stuck on "uploading log file" - is it trying to contact our TFTP server?

I've tried this both with the phone on the network and also using a POE injector as I didn't know if the network was screwing with the phone, but regardless of how many times I've done a reset to delete settings, it never actually deletes the phone settings.

So, what is the best way to reset this phone and get it operational again?

Thanks!

Mike

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Just some more info - when I hit the right button and went to settings, then down to "Format file system", it asks me to put my password in and then it reboots and just hangs on "Uploading log file".  How long should this usually take?

It is currently connected to the phone network which receives it's TFTP server from the DHCP server (which is how I initially configured it).  I know that network is working correctly as I removed a previously working VOIP phone that is able to talk to the TFTP server.  I have all the IP7000 config files loaded on the TFTP server that I initially used to configure the phone.  I've been watching the TFTP interface and I haven't seen any action so it seems like the phone just gets stuck.  The only way to get it to do anything is to power cycle, hit the right button and get back into setup...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The user interface is relatively unresponsive and I can't remember if the version is displayed in the menu I am able to access.  But these are the files that reside in the TFTP folder that I used to update the phone a while ago:

3111-40000-001.bootrom.ld (dated 8/18/2014)

3111-40000-001.sip.ld (8/20/2014)

Would that be able to tell you what version the phone is running?  I can't remember if they all have the same name or if the version is included in the file name (I set this up a few years back).  The next time I'm at the office I can try playing with the phone again to see if the menu will give me the version.

Since the phone is unresponsive, is there any other way to figure out the version based on the config files I have on the TFTP server?  I also attached the boot log that was written back in 2015 and hopefully that helps.

The phone was running fine and then last week it just stopped working.  It was configured to autoprovision from the TFTP server and was working great.

Thanks!

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

I think I saw 4.0.7 so I suggest you upgrade to the latest 4.0.11 as shown => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I think there might be a deeper issue with the phone because I cancel the startup screen, go into setup, and then after I change the provisioning server and select "exit and save changes", the screen says "saving configuration" and just hangs there.  I'm guessing it should probably save the changes and then reboot at some point.  Right now it's been on this same screen for 10 minutes...

HP Recommended

... just thought I'd let you know, it's still on the "Saving Configuration" screen - that's about 37 minutes since I wrote my last message.  When I reset the phone and go back into the settings, none of the settings were saved.

So, when I reboot the phone, I hit the cancel soft button (right soft button) when the logo appears, it will say "Canceling application startup..." for a few minutes, and then I get the screen that asks me to go to settings or about, hold the About soft button, I get the following:

Server: Resolving...

IP Adress: Resolving...

VLAN None

ENet: 00:04:F2:EF:C4:13

Rev: 5.0.1.10553 24-Nov-11 13:18

Regardless of how long I wait, it never leases an IP address.  If I hook up one of our Yaelink IP phones, it boots and leases an IP without issue, so I don't think it's the network.

These are the only menus I can get to (or know of), so I'm not sure what else to do as the phone never actually boots up.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

The next step is a factory reset and after this maybe format the file system and re-load the software.

SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS is your reseller who sold that Unit back in 19/08/2014

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have tried both of those options:

RESET SETTINGS

I go to Setup | [enter password] | Reset to Defaults | Reset Settings | [enter password] | Ok

Screen says:

Resetting configuration,

please wait.

That was at 12:34 - it is now 12:52 and the screen has not changed.  Upon power cycling the phone it has not reset any of the previous settings (password still the same).

FORMAT FILE SYSTEM

I go to Setup | [enter password] | Reset to Defaults | Format File System | [enter password] | Ok

Screen says:

Uploading log file.

That was at 1:04 - it is now 1:38 and the screen has not changed.  Upon power cycling the phone it has not reset any of the previous settings (password still the same).

Any ideas on what to try next?

thanks!

Mike

HP Recommended

So at this point it looks like we're going to have to send the phone in for out-of-warranty replacement, but even that is proving to be a challenge 😞

This phone is essentially bricked - is there any way for me to do some kind of hardware reset on it?  There's gotta be some kind of way to force a firmware reload other than the phone polling for an update... maybe?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.