Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have setup IP 7000 with avaya when i assign this phone a static ip address time and date doesn't stop blinking.

My firmware is

Firmware 4.0.6.0711

then i tried to manually setup the phone with all sip settings and let phone take ip address from dhcp.

Phone successfully took the ip from dhcp and then enforce manually set configuration in phone.

Which actually stopped the blinking and registeration with avaya works but time is not correct.

I have tried to manually setup it to our local ntp server and different time servers in options but it didn't work.

Can you please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Kashif,

any Interoperability testing would have been done by Avaya and you will need to liaise with Avaya for any caveats when utilizing non Avaya phones with their SIP server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

We just bought IP 7000 and planning to push this model to our all conference rooms.

Here is my question

Firmware 4.0.6.0711

I have successfully setup this phone as sip with avaya - but i have been having trouble to set up this phone as voip-ip phone with avaya. I want this phone when connects to network it automatically takes ip from dhcp and connects to avaya which i am not able to achieve.

Our Option 150 and 160 are in use for vocalocity for other polycoms so i set phone to custom +128 but how to configure string in this option and how to force it to connect to avaya i have no idea.

I am using http protocol.

Let me know if you can help

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Kashif,

welcome to the Polycom Community and I have combined your double post.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks This article helped me to fix the time problem on sip side.

Now my second question i will try to fix that.

I am using a customized dhcp option 128 on phone which is setup on dhcp server.

I am trying to figure out what string value should i use to forward requests to dhcp.

HP Recommended

Hello Kashif,

Again I can only make you aware that the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 10, 2013 Question: How can I use VLAN's with Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

To my knowledge we use DHCP Option 128 for VLAN assignment.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

option 144 is already setup into Vlan

what is next? it takes ip address correctly.

i think all i need to do is to setup the correct string for provisioning

our avaya phones are reading entry like this

MCIPADD=ip address,MCPORT=1719,HTTPSRVR=ip address,HTTPDIR=/directory name,VLANTEST=60,L2QVLAN=14

option 160 is already in use for vocalocity

tell me which other option can i use to set up provisioning

HP Recommended

Hello Kashif,,

the above FAQ link explains already as follows:

DHCP options 128,144, 157 and 191

Please follow the above FAQ post or the freely available Admin Guide. If you are unable to do so please contact your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

provisioning is working as well - thanks

Last question i have set up sip line identification via simple setup. My question is if i try to configure ip 7000 with a regular avaya phone extension ( which is not setup as sip id) is there any way to set this up? or for this phone we have to have sip id setup it won't work from avaya extension numbers?

HP Recommended

Hello Kashif,

any Interoperability testing would have been done by Avaya and you will need to liaise with Avaya for any caveats when utilizing non Avaya phones with their SIP server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

will do that - thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.