Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

WE received 2 IP7000 and after many attempt we have 1 working correctly.  Languages issue is resolved since the ftp server was read only we change it to read and write.  One of the unit seems to have corrupt files on it.  We have trie with the provisionning server and without it,  we have try to reformat the files and to reset deffault and it still wont start properly.  The message we are getting is 1: updating initial configuration and after a while 2:error application is not present. 3: Reboot

With the porvisiong server on line we are not getting any better.1:Updating initial configuration 2:could not download "mac address.cfg" using present application 3: application not present.

So We are assuming that there is a missing file on the unit or a corrupt 1. 

If it is the case, can we reflash the unit?

Thank's for your time.

Guy Provost

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Guy Provost

not knowing the history of the device makes it hard to advise anything as a unit could be simply defective.

• Does the unit even get an IP address from the DHCP Server or did you manually assign an IP?
  • Does the unit ever contact the Server and upload its logs and attempts to download the Software?
  • What is the MAC Address of the unit?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response,

The unit is getting an IP adresse (I can ping it countiniously)

The unit is not upoloading his log to the provisionning server

The mac address is 0004f2f9abff

Made a write test with our ftp server with using the polycom user and password and it does work.

Note that we have one other unit that is working correctly with the same provossionning server (getting the config file and uploading the logs)

After ressetting the configuration file we are getting:

reboot

updating initial configuration

could not contact boot server (? I would of expect the unit to be in stand alone)

Error application is not present

reboot

Thank you for your time

Guy Provost

514 244-2515

HP Recommended

Hello Guy,

The unit was only purchased back in November 2015 via WESTCON CANADA SYSTEMS INC so I suggest opening a support ticket via WESTCON CANADA SYSTEMS INC.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I believe I am having the same problem with this phone.  Was working fine one day til it just stopped and will not resolve an IP address.  I can use the Interface Module spare lan ports and confirm the network is working to the box.  I've tried multiple different interface modules and no better luck.  The MAC address is 00:04:F2:EB:68:0B, just not sure of which vendor this phone was purchased through.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello @chad.haag,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The unit was sold 17/02/2011 via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS.

It may be simply broken but I would test it without a multimod.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.