Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP Phone Booting Process

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

IP Phone Booting Process

Hi All,

Could you pls anyone let me know about the Polycom Phone Booting Process... is that the same as Ciso IP phone or different???

Thanks in Advance.

Rg,

KSB

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP Phone Booting Process

Hello KSB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post into the correct section.

I assume you mean the DHCP options so therefore the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for your reply. But I was asking about Booting Process not configuration part.

Rg,

KSB

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello KSB,

You have to be a little bit more specific in what information you are after.

The Phone starts and sends a DHCP request including Options to retrieve the Provisioning Server Information.

Once it receives this information it will attempt to download certain files.

This is described here:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

HI Steffen ,

Thank you..:)

Rg,

KSB

Message 5 of 5