Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have published the loudring.wav tone to my IP321 phones which are in a noisey enviroment and configured for ringer 15. I have also set all lines to use ringer 15 through the same config file which works fine.

However, to utalise the loud ringer to its potential I wish to set the ringer volume to stay at the full volume setting even after reboot.

I have the following code in my config although seems to make no difference.

<custom>

<changes voice.volume.persist.handset="1" />

<changes voice.gain.vol.ringer.gain.adjust="40"

</custom>

Why would the volume reduce after each reboot? I can see that this file gets downloaded to the phone.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello icsnettech,

not knowing your SIP / UCS software version may be difficult to advise parameters.

voice.volume.persist.handset

If 0, the handset receive volume will automatically reset to a nominal level after each call. If 1, the volume for each call will be the same as the previous call. If set to 1, the handset receive volume will persist across calls.
If set to 0, the handset receive volume will be reset to nominal at the start of each call.

Above only controls the Volume of the Handset and would have nothing to do with the speaker volume of an incoming call.

In addition any of the "gain" parameters should only be utilized after prior advise from Polycom support. Some have been removed depending on the used UCS / SIP Software.

The UCS 4.1.0 Admin guide lists the following on page 442:

feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled

If 0, user changes to the ringer volume are reset to default when the phone reboots. If 1, user changes to the ringer volume are saved and maintained when the phone reboots.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Three of our users are unable to hear their phones ring due to the high noise in the area they work in.  I was wondering if there was any way to make the phone ring louder that the current settings or attach a light or an extra speaker to project the ring?  Also, we do have a loudspeaker in the room, perhaps this can be used to ring via

@NetSol wrote:

One of our users is unable to hear the phone ring due to the high noise in the area he works in.  I was wondering if there was any way to make the phone ring over a loadspeaker in the area?  Maybe a cable from the phone or a adaptor?  We have looked into getting him a cordless phone but was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative.

a cable from the phone or a adaptor?  Cordless phones they carry are not an option for us in the work enviroment.
HP Recommended

Hello cmcbride,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

An answer how to set the phone in standard mode to the loudest volume was already provided in my reply.

In addition the community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 25, 2011 Question: How can I change my Ringtone or Ring in a special manner for a certain incoming call?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above details how to use a LoudRinger file that comes with the Phones software download.

I am not aware of any Polycom device that would allow an external speaker or light.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

Does this setting apply also to 4.0.x versions? I cannot locate a 4.0.x admin guide on the Polycom support site.

feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled

If 0, user changes to the ringer volume are reset to default when the phone reboots. If 1, user changes to the ringer volume are saved and maintained when the phone reboots.

TelcoT

HP Recommended

Hello Telco-T,

Yes it is in UCS 4.x.x and UCS 5.x.x

Admin Guide UCS 4.0.5 => here <=

Admin Guide UCS 4.1.0 => here <=

Admin Guide UCS 5.1.0 => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Great thank you Steffan,

I do have 4.0.5 in our deployment but most of our Subs are using 4.0.3 and I cannot get that setting to apply. Do you have a link to the 4.0.3 Admin guide also?

Thanks,

TelcoT

HP Recommended
Hello

We do not release individual admin guides for every version

Replied from a mobile device

HP Recommended

I'll try to be more specific. If 4.1.0 has this command listed in the Admin guide as a fix for making ringer settings sticky for the end user: feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled. Is that same command the same on UC 4.0.3.7314 or is it unsupported?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello Telco,

the Release notes accompanying each new release usually cover new Parameters or Features added.

The relevant Admin Guide gets updated from time to time and then usually receives any new parameters as documented examples and standard values.

The UCS 4.0.0 release notes show on page 22 that the feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled was added to the UCS 4.0.0 Software.

Therefore UCS 4.0.3 or any other follow up version will also include and support this feature unless otherwise stated.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.