Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi;

We are using ININ and just update 4.0.5.4233 with CIC update. After updating this version our IPPhones started to have config file error. As i understand we need to change options on the config file.

I need to block my key features, headset and volume persistent.

I am uploding my old config file

After i changed this config file with cfgutility, lots of features not working. Is there anybody help me to re-create this file ?

I have 4000 phones and it will be a big problem for me. 

I called Polycom support but they told me they couldn't help me because i am not direct customer or parter. It is not a good answer for me by the way be cause i am a big customer and there is not any proffesional support in turkey.

Thanks

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ersahgk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Tier 1 support team is correct as we do not support end customers directly and any first level support must come from your Polycom reseller who sold you the phones.

Stating the above if you can provide me with a MAC address I can verify who this is and provide the details to yourself.

Usually when migrating from a older software version to a newer software version the cfcUtility can be used and it should leave you with a very simple and small configuration rather than the prior sip.cfd / phone1.cfg combination.

As these phones are most likely out of warranty the support would not be free and either a "pay per incident" fee would be applicable or in case of a 4000 phone migration you may want to involve Polycom professional services.

I will forward this post to the EMEA Sales Engineers and would appreciate if you either reply back here with a MAC address or via community Mail and provide me with your complete contact details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello ersahgk,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Tier 1 support team is correct as we do not support end customers directly and any first level support must come from your Polycom reseller who sold you the phones.

Stating the above if you can provide me with a MAC address I can verify who this is and provide the details to yourself.

Usually when migrating from a older software version to a newer software version the cfcUtility can be used and it should leave you with a very simple and small configuration rather than the prior sip.cfd / phone1.cfg combination.

As these phones are most likely out of warranty the support would not be free and either a "pay per incident" fee would be applicable or in case of a 4000 phone migration you may want to involve Polycom professional services.

I will forward this post to the EMEA Sales Engineers and would appreciate if you either reply back here with a MAC address or via community Mail and provide me with your complete contact details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi;

It is a wrong perspective for customer. If a product update version, you should convert my config files or create a working convert utility. 

I am buying nearly 400 polycom per year and it is not my job the fix version differences and incompitibilities. 

Thanks

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello ersahgk,

the cfcUtility does its job and works if correctly used.

I have already notified the relevant Polycom Sales Engineer in your region and he will reach out to you directly on how to approach your migration to a later software Version.

Usually InIn or any other SIP Platform would create the new configuration for you so it works with the new UC Software 4.0.0 or later.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.