Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP4000 / speaker power

Occasional Contributor

IP4000 / speaker power

Hi

anyone know if the speaker is supposed to receive power at ALL times (and it is just turned down) when not active.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP4000 / speaker power

Hello MRH2,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not really sure what this question is about and I do not believe we discuss electronic details about our products in this community.

If the unit is defective please work with your Polycom reseller to check your RMA possibilities.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Contributor

i can hear a very very faint noise from the speaker when not in use, i'm guessing power supply IF it is supposed to be powered on.

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello MRH2,

not knowing any kind of history on this device it is hard to comment.

• Is this a newly purchased or a 2nd hand unit?
  • Does it use the original power supply cable or PoE?
  • Have you moved the unit to another location or building to verify this is not an environmental issue?

I would advise to work with your Polycom reseller who you purchased the unit from as I would not expect the unit to make any noise if Idle.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen

* have had it from new - many many years ago

* original power supply

* yes it has been in different buidings recently with the same issue

I am going to try and find a compatible 'power brick' to try however was curious if the speaker was designed to always be powered on - albeit at a very low state - when idle. 

Will post back to thread if it is resolved with an alternate power supply.

Message 5 of 5