Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I am trying to build a softkey for a IP450 which basically dials the pickup FAC for Broadworks PBX.  I think I have the macro right its just the softkey is not appearing on the phone at bootup. 

Current software version :

Config:

<feature>
    <feature.enhancedFeatureKeys feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" />
  <feature>
<efk>
      <version efk.version="2" />
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.mname="PickUp"
        efk.efklist.1.label="PickUp"
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
        efk.efklist.1.action.string="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad9$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey2$"
/>

<softkey>
    <softkey softkey.1.action="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad9$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey2$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.insert="10" softkey.1.label="PickUp" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.idle="1" />

Could someone let me know if I have missed anything please??

If I add the softkey via the GUI it works - I add it into the config and nothing!  No logs in syslog either!  Stumped at this point now....

Thanks in advance

Dave
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to clarify for anyone findings this via the forum search:

<efk>
    <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.mname="callPickup"
        efk.efklist.1.label="CallPickup"
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
      />
    </efk>

Above part is not needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

usually its syntax errors in the XML formatting.

I would suggest you export the configuration once you added it via the Web Interface and then compare it with your own configuration.

Lowering the CFG logging level to event 2 should show the phone parsing the config it loads on booting up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there

I copied the config from the export from the web gui after adding the softkey however no joy!

In the logs was:

14599: 2013-11-05 13:43:49:   |5|03|Prm|Parameter 0 is out of range

in the config is:

<efk>
      <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.label="PickUp"
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
/>

<softkey>
    <softkey softkey.1.action="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad9$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey2$"
     softkey.1.enable="1"
     softkey.1.insert="10"
     softkey.1.label="PickUp"
     softkey.1.precede="1"
     softkey.1.use.idle="1" />
  </softkey>

I have checked in XML editor and the XML shows to be fine....

The bottom half of the config is what is seen in the export from the web gui:

softkey.1.action="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad9$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey2$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.insert="10"
softkey.1.label="PickUp"
softkey.1.precede="1"
softkey.1.use.idle="1"

Is there anything else I am missing?? One thing I did notice is that none of the efk references can be seen in the export from gui....are they needed?

Thanks

Dave
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

you are mixing up things here.

If you simply compare the EFK part from the Phone's web interface you will notice that none of your other additional added efk.efklist features are used.

The Softkey simply actions a string.

The FAQ contains a post that explains several examples in details here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

This is also described in the admin guide starting at page 171.

For further support please work with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Ok thanks...

So the efk part is optional I get that now - what I dont get it the fact that the softkey part seems to be correct yet still doesnt show!

My softkey action IS actioning a string.  And again as stated it goes on fine via the GUI, I copy the config from the export, put that into the config but nothing!

Thats what I am not understanding and I have read http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/technical/products/vo... and http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/FAQ-Using-Enhanced-Feature-Keys-EFK-macros-to-change-softkey/td... and the admin guide - all of which bring me right back here!

If anyone else has any ideas please share...

Best regards

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

the community contains around 6 pages of search results for the word EFK alone ( => here <= ) so there are already plenty of working examples around.

I copied both your examples into a configuration file and attempted to open these via XML notepad without any success.

As already explained the part of the efk.efklist.x. is not needed for the functionality you are after and is not setup correctly anyway as it works in conjunction with an entry in the <mac>-directory,xml file.

The linked Feature Profile 42250 guide has actually examples attached within the PDF file that show how to utilize the efklist functionality but you are mixing the simple softkey.x.action with the EFK list and try to action the same macro twice.

Example from your cfg:

Checking the UCS 4.0.2 Admin Guide page 430:

The unique identifier used by the speed dial configuration to reference the enhanced feature key entry. Cannot start with a digit. Note that this parameter must have a value, it cannot be Null.

The Admin Guide then shows on page 169 a example including the part of the speed dial.

The originally linked FAQ post explains a very simple way how to add actions within a softkey and can easily do what you want if you follow the post correctly and it has even got the example's attached as a configuration file.

If this reply is still not sufficient and all the search results , the FAQ post, the Administration guide and other examples have been consulted please contact your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi there,

managed to figure this one out as well...

in sys.cfg:

<efk>
    <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
      />
    </efk>
  <softkey
     softkey.1.label="CallPickup" 
     softkey.1.action="$FDialpadStar$$FDialpad9$$FDialpad8$$FSoftKey2$" 
     softkey.1.enable="%PU_ENABLE%" 
     softkey.1.precede="1" 
     softkey.1.use.idle="1"
     softkey.1.use.hold="1"
   />

under device management tags > polycom tags in broadsoft = %PU_ENABLE% value left blank

then under the user tags set the above tag again but with value of 1 - this is so that you can enable on a per user basis if not just set softkey.1.enable="1"

thanks for the replys Steffen

best regards

dave

HP Recommended

Just to clarify for anyone findings this via the forum search:

<efk>
    <efklist
        efk.efklist.1.status="1"
      />
    </efk>

Above part is not needed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.