Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We recently moved from a VOIP (virtual PBX) provider to another (RingCentral) and they are unable to get our phones to work due to the message I mentioned above. This message started appearing after we set up RingCentral on our phones.

We can't dial out although we can receive calls. Has anyone experienced this or knows how to clear it? We're tried everything including a factory reset etc. Pulling my hair out here, we're only a small business and this is effecting all our phones =(

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello clarkbetty,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This message simply means that a file your phone is loading, called local-settings.cfg, is using Parameters that are no longer valid in the newer software your phone is running.

This message was added in UCS 3.3.0 and newer Versions.

Ring Central should be able to configure your Phone for you if they host a provisioning server or simply provide you with the details what registration parameters you need and you can manually configure the phone.

Something the phone is loading is preventing you from registering your Phone to the new SIP Provider.

The registration status check is shown => here <=

The FAQ holds all the information and the Admin Guide matching your Phone Software Version can be consulted if more detailed information is needed.

The Support Team from RingCentral should be able to work with our Support Team if more assistance is needed as it clearly is their settings / configuration that causes the previously working phone to no longer work.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I no longer get that message but now I get 

Could not contact boot server, using existing configuration

then I get 

Application not present!

Then it tries to reboot again... rinse and repeat?

HP Recommended

Hello clarkbetty,

like many other community forums we encourage all users to use the Forum Search.

Just using the words "application not" already delivery many replies => here <=

There is even a FAQ post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: I get the error Message “Could not contact boot server” on my phones screen
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hey there,

I appreciate that but the post you shared doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if its the poor English and phrasing.. it just doesn't make sense. Can you clarify this?

If Static and the DHCP Server does not deliver an Custom Option (usually 160) or an Option 66 Boot Server address leaving this menu and checking the Server Menu for the IP Address/Hostname of a HTTP, FTP or TFTP Server can verify the location of the Boot Server.

HP Recommended

Hello clarkbetty,

I did attempt to clear up my poor English and frasing in the original FAQ post and also added a new post here:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the error Message “application not present” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please bear in mind that the UCS / SIP admin guide contains all relevant information to troubleshoot an installation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.