Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

We have a large number of IP450 phones working (more or less!) with Lync 2010, though we're having issues with voicemail. Per phone config includes this:

msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
msg.mwi.1.callBack="sip:user@mydomain.com;opaque=app:voicemail"

• When users dial eachothers extensions, the call is connected, but they get only silence.
  • When attempting to dial into voicemail (using message softkey), users get silence.
  • When dialling from Lync client on PC using a headset, voicemail works fine.
  • External users dialling a user's DID can hear the VM message and successfully leave a message.
  • Users can dial the full (+44etc) number of the exumsa and hear voicemail audio.

Has anyone had any similar experience or fix? Any suggestions welcome.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello thefish,

did you follow up the Lync Provisioning Guide => here <= as attached to the LYNC FAQ Post => here <= ?

Page 7:

voice.codecPref.G7221.24kbps 5
Set this parameter to 5 and voice.codecPref.G7221.32kbps to 0 to ensure users can hear audio when accessing voicemail

In addition as mentioned in the FAQ always post your current Software used.

If abvoe does not help you please contact your Polycom reseller for further support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen

Turns out we did RTFM, heres the lyncshared config (using on UM 4.0.2B):

<lyncShared>
<TLS sec.TLS.customCaCert.1="-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----<snip>-----END CERTIFICATE-----" sec.TLS.profileSelection.SIP="ApplicationProfile1"></TLS>
<features feature.presence.enabled="1" feature.messaging.enabled="1" />
<SRTP sec.srtp.require="1" sec.srtp.key.lifetime="2^31" sec.srtp.mki.enabled="1" sec.srtp.mki.length="1" sec.srtp.holdWithNewKey="0" sec.srtp.resumeWithNewKey="0" />
<signalling voIpProt.SIP.mtls.enable="0" voIpProt.server.1.specialInterop="lync2010" voIpProt.server.1.address="lyncserver.mydomain" voIpProt.server.1.transport="TLS" tcpIpApp.keepalive.tcp.sip.tls.enable="1" voIpProt.SIP.IM.autoAnswerDelay="40" voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding="0" />
<voice.codecPref voice.codecPref.G7221.24kbps="5" voice.codecPref.G7221.32kbps="0" />
<voice.audioProfile voice.audioProfile.G7221.24kbps.payloadType="112" /><video.iFrame video.iFrame.delay="2" />
<profile dialplan.1.digitmap="x.TRR;phone-context=ourcontextR" /></lyncShared>

The <voice.codecPref voice.codecPref.G7221.24kbps="5" voice.codecPref.G7221.32kbps="0" /> has been in from the start.

Any other tips?

HP Recommended

Hi TheFish,

I would suggest your check the phone logs and work with your Polycom reseller in order to raise a ticket with Polycom support.

The community does not enable me, as a Polycom employee, to troubleshoot your installation for free.

The LYNC deployment works with the current release with basic functionality including voicemail so it must be something within your environment or configuration.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Again, using lync on pc works, using a cx500 works, using a cx600 works, the config is in line with the docs. The IP450s do not work.

You say "The LYNC deployment works with the current release with basic functionality including voicemail so it must be something within your environment or configuration." Does this mean that the Polycom IP450 running the latest UC software officially works with Lync 2010 voicemail? For the 4.0.1 doc attached to the post you linked to earlier, the only thing in the "basic support" list which is close to VM is "VM message waiting"

I went down the "contact supplier and get them to raise a ticket" for the last issue and that was a dead end, with the reseller getting a similar response. We have a case open with Microsoft as well, hopefully they will be more keen on helping.

HP Recommended

Hello The Fish,

the current UCS 4.0.x releases are not Microsoft certified and therefore have limitations like Audio Gateways etc.

In a normal LYNC environment calls and voicemail work ( that is why that parameter highlighted in my original post was added) but individual solutions may have issues as you experienced.

Our Polycom Employee Jeff Schertz has created a very detailed blog => here <=

Other community members may reply or help you but as a Polycom employee I am unable to troubleshoot your issue for free.

Raising a ticket via your reseller and providing the information our tier 2 team requests should get your setup working.

Feel free to contact me via the Forum internal mail with your previous Polycom service ticket reference starting with 1- in order for me to check who you dealt with and what problem was reported.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I'm still waiting for the reseller to get back to me with case number, but now have tested with a cx600 from another office - works perfectly. It seems theres something the 450s cant cope with. Again, anyone with ideas or suggestions, please chip in!

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hello thefish,

the test with the cx600 is not comparable as it is a completely different device.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Which version of Exchange Server is running on the UM server?

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back Jeff - its exchange online (365), I think this is exchange 2010 sp2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.