Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have an IP550 phone and almost all the buttons are not working correctly.  Anytime I try to dial a number one of my speed dial numbers dials and the only way to stop it is pickup the phone and hang it up.  The end call button does not work. 

I can not get into the menu system either.  I can push the menu button which brings up the phone's menu but when I push the down arrow to scroll down it changes the screen and says "Enter Number" like I'm trying to make a call.

I get no response when I push the speaker phone button.

I'm assuming this is a software problem but I haven't been able to reset the factory defaults to check it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello zvelivis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In all my years with Polycom I have never heard of such issue and as you failed to provide any kind of background information on this phone it will be very hard to recommend anything.

Could you at least tell us if this is a brand new phone or a used phone or even the MAC address of the phone ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

0004f244c283

This phone is less than a year old and has only been in use for about 6 months.  

I first notice an issue when I would hit the speaker phone button and nothing would happen.  It has got progressively worse and now even when I pickup the handset and dial a number sometimes i cant make a call.

HP Recommended

Hello zvelivis,,

The SPIP550 with the MAC Address of 0004F244C283 was sold via NEXT USA back in September 2012 and the Customer is/was 8X8

Are you sure this unit was brand new or did you purchase this from some internet auction house ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We use Freedom Voice for our company phone system and all the phones were purchased directly from them.  Currently all I can do is answer and park calls.  I want to try a factory reset to see if that will correct the problem. I did find a document that had a (4) key comination that is supposed to reset the phone but I can not get that to work.

HP Recommended

Hello zvelivis,

as already stated the phone is nearly 4 years old and I am not aware of its history prior to be installed in your organisation so I can only advise you to work with your provider.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.