Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello vipkilla,

you are unfortunately miss understanding the reason for this community.

This is not a support community and is clearly outlined in various places (and my signature) and you must follow up the official escalation process.

The Forum is not linked in any way to the Polycom internal troubleshooting or escalation infrastructure and if you do not report an issue via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom directly we cannot capture this and verify if this is a bug on our end or not.

So please go ahead and follow up as explained and raise this with support and provide the relevant required data.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I opened a service ticket and you wouldn't even acknowledge this issue because my phone was not under warranty...Even though I could have given support the serial number of a phone under warranty so you'd actually adress the issue, I know what your support would tell me... they would say RMA!!! no thanks... maybe you should escalate this issue internally, it's clearly a bug.

HP Recommended

Hello vipkilla,

please provide me with the ticket number via the community mail so I can follow this up.

You are correct, free support is only provided within the manufacturers warranty.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I sent you a private message with the ticket number. Please me know if you got it.

HP Recommended

@Vipkilla

is the XX.YY.JJ.III an obscured address ?

Is From: "T1000" <sip:1000@14> a real address ?

As suggested via PM already please raise this the appropriate way via your Polycom reseller an/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello,

I stumbled across this thread because we have an intermittent issue with VVX500's failing to re-register upon an Interactive Intellegence 4.0.4 SU4 phone system switchover event.

Out of 170 VVX500's, perhaps 25 or so fail to automatically re-register.  It's unknown why the majority re-registeres and why a good handfull does not.

We also run TLS and SRTP, and how I found this was searching for events in the logs from problem phones:

SSL_get_error Error code=6 and SocketFailCb: for REG call m_nExpire

This phone system was just put in last November by Adapt, a certified Interactive Intellegence Partner.  However to open a service request with them to diagnose this issue would cost a great deal of money (I belive its around $200 an hour).  We will have to budget for this fix next year, and it could be a great deal of money.

So if you guys at Polycom have any advice, please let me know.  

If the end user manually reboots the VVX500 phone, it registers immediately without issue.

In my Interactive Intellegence Managed Phones console, I still see a few "Not Registered" from a switchover event last tuesday because they are little used phones.

Were using SIP version 4.0.3.9381 on the phone.  In the Manged IP Phone Configuration in Interaction Administrator (our phone system software), it says the firmware version is <Latest> (4.0.3z) and Audio Protocol SRTP.

HP Recommended

Hello kjstech,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UCS 4.0.3 or UCS 4.0.2 is not a supported Version anymore.

Polycom only supports the current version and -1.

In your case that would be UCS 4.0.7 or 4.0.6

In addition the latest Software available for the VVX is UCS 5.1.2

I suggest you either test a supported version or open a Polycom service ticket via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you, we also have firmware 4.1.4 that is required for a video project we are embarking on.  Our phone system needs this firmware to work with the USB camera inserts that can plug on VVX500's. 

Do you have a link to a changelog or a firmware page that describes the differences and or bugfixes between firmware versions?  Just curious if this is public information.

I will wipe out a spare phone and try to provision it on newer firmware and do a range of compatibility tests.

HP Recommended

Hello kjstech,

UCS 4.1.7 is the lastest in the UC 4.1.x range

All release notes are publicly available from our support pages.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you, I found the document here:

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc/UC_Software_Release_Notes_4_1_7.pdf

It goes back so I am reading all the changes between 4.1.7 and my current version.  I will have to try to get with our phone system vendor on how to integrate the newer firmware with their system.

I did download it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.