Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

How the crap did you find this out.... this would have taken me weeks to figure out, if I ever even found this issue at all. Thank you good sir.

HP Recommended

I'd like to report on firmware 4.1.6.5374 on VVX 500 this issue still exists.

Yes we run TLS.

When Interactive Intellegence phone system is switched / failed over to backup server, and failed back, a good majority of phones follow this switchover process without issue.  However a random assortment do not come back (goes line unregistered).  A reboot fixes those.  Some work fine for awhile but then after a call it goes line unregistered immediatly upon hanging up.  Again a reboot fixes the phone until the next switchover occurance.

The phone system is Interactive Intellegence 4.0 SU6.

In -app.log I see this.  Does it make any sense?

0608203921|sip |4|00|SSL_get_error Error code=6
0608203921|sip |4|00|TLS Listen Thread Exit
0608203921|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0608203956|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0608203957|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0608203957|sip |4|00|Registration failed User: dcu00322, Error Code:480 Temporarily not available
0608204035|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0608205313|sip |4|00|SSL_get_error Error code=6
0608205313|sip |4|00|TLS Listen Thread Exit
0608205313|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0608205354|sip |4|00|CTcpSocket::ConnectThreadLocal failed with error -1 and erro no 115
0609090917|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file http://localhost/localsetting, errno 0x2.
0609091235|clist|4|00|dbIO::processResult:copy error
0609091235|clist|4|00|dbSet::mem2srv:transfer failed
0609091236|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file http://localhost/localsetting, errno 0x2.
0609092313|vid |4|00|SoYuvDisplayC::displayPipelineImage: Unable to get remote virtual display
0609092335|clist|4|00|dbIO::processResult:copy error
0609092335|clist|4|00|dbSet::mem2srv:transfer failed
0609101657|res |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file http://localhost/localsetting, errno 0x2.
HP Recommended

Hello kjstech,

in my prior replies I had already told you to use 4.1.7 which by now is superseded by 4.1.8.

In addition 5.3.0 is currently the latest supported UC Software and I had asked you to raise this with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Posting here is not the correct escalation path so please open a Polycom support ticket if you require support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The phone system is Interactive Intellegence.  They control the firmware.   I could put a higher firmware on the server until I'm blue in the face... it will not load it.  They hold the keys to the kingdom.  They have a lot of security checks in place so only their qualified (tested) firmware versions will load.

It's $200 an hour for support.  So I don't know what to budget.  We've spent many hours on this internally. I would imagine they would spend a lot too.  So what do I budget for next year?  $10k to get this fixed?  $30k?  Six-figures?  It could get very expensive, very fast.  I just posted here because I found this on a google search with simular Polycom based error messages in the logs, and the user was also using TLS.  I have now since posted to the Interactive Intellegence community forums (community.inin.com) to see what they have to say first.

Then I think we need a frank discussion with our reseller on exactly what to budget, dollar wise to get this fixed.  Depending on that figure it may be something we need to live with for this year.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.