Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I had to swap phones between two employees.  One had an IP550 model and the other an IP335 model.

The person with the 335 model is working fine with their same extension and DID.  However the person with the 550 model is not ringing on the phone.  When I checked the display, it still showed the other person's extension which is 1003.  I need it to be 1016.

I've tried everything to remove the 1003 information:  multiple reboots, unplugged from the network, connected to different network ports, reset the phone to factory defaults, re-entered the IP settings, etc.  We're using a static IP address right now.

If I call the 1016 extension, it goes to voicemail fine and I can forward the extension to another number with no problem.  I just can't seem to get this 550 to identify that it's now x1016, NOT x1003.

The settings with our hosted vendor (8x8) all seem to be proper too.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello guy5702,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The factory default only deletes the network settings.

The VoIP FAQ contains for example this post:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Most likely some changes to the IP 550 Phone where made via the Web Interface or the Phone GUI which take precedence to the settings from a provisioning server.

The FAQ contains plenty of additional information.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.