Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I need a little help with the "Error application is not present" on an IP6000. The phone is rebooting and keeps showing this error. It costs me 100$ to get it reflashed by the dealer, so I’m trying to fix it myself.

I read all the links and from my understanding someone deleted the application from the phone.

I created a FTP server on the network with the PlcmSpIp user and pass. I tried and its accessible via: ftp://PlcmSpIp:PlcmSpIp@IPADDR .  I downloaded the software

Polycom UC Software 4.1.1 for SoundPoint IP, SoundStation IP 5000, Duo Phones [Split] and unpacked it in the FTP root.

Entered the Setup on the phone > 456 pass > Provisioning menu, entered the server IP.

In the About I see the phone gets an in from the same VLAN. The installed Firmware is 4.0.7.2514

I don't get what should I do, so the app or software updates from the FTP. I saved the config on the Phone, restarted it, same "Error, application is not present" > Rebooting > Welcome,  x sec until autoboot > Waiting for network > Error and so on ...

I also look at the FTP server and no connections are made by the phone.

What am I missing?

Ty

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Danny_TM ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <=

and

Jun 08, 2017 Question: Is there a special process that needs to be followed upgrading an SoundStation IP6000 or IP7000?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You are simply using an incorrect software your phone does not work with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Danny_TM ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <=

and

Jun 08, 2017 Question: Is there a special process that needs to be followed upgrading an SoundStation IP6000 or IP7000?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You are simply using an incorrect software your phone does not work with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ty,

Worked with the correct files.

One thing I was doing wrong, I also added the FTP IP to the Upgrade server, but saw in the logs that it was trying to get the files from the incorrect path 'ftp://PlcmSpIp:****@192.168.0.1/192.168.0.1/3111-15600-001.sip.ld' 

ZTP: Disabled

DHCP Menu > Boot Server Custom + Opt.66

Many thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.