Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 270 extensions on an Asterisk based system.  Evenly split between analog via Cisco gateways and IP500 and IP501's

About 6 months ago I started introducing IP650's (I currently have 5 online)

I don't have any sidetone echo on any handset apart from every IP650's.  Some calls are fine, some are subtle and others I have to hang up and call the person again as it's incredibly distracting.

I have followed the below guide with no change and have also tried reducing the handset volume locally but this then becomes too quiet for me to hear who I am trying to talk to

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/Troubleshooting_Echo_is...

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong or what I might have missing from my config files?

Is there any way to check physically at the phone whether the echo canceller is enabled?

I have the following in sip.cfg which didn't seem to do anything

<AEC voice.aec.hs.enable="1" />

I am running SIP 4.0.7.2514

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Scooby ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This was already extensively discussed => here <=

I suggest you try:

voice.handset.st.SPIP650=””

You can use 1 => 25 but should usually discuss this with Polycom support before using.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did see this post but did not think it applied to me, it gives the impression that sidetone is missing, where mine is definately there, I'm hearing myself!

However, I'd like to give it a go but I'm not sure where to put that line of code.  I use a provisioner application which is built into my phone system, this generates the config files for me but I can manually edit the templates.

I have a sip.cfg which applies to all my handsets as well as features.cfg

I'm not sure under which heading within the cfg that I add this line to?

For example, I added 

<AEC voice.aec.hs.enable="1" />

Which is under <AEC />.  Do I create one <HANDSET />

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello ,scooby

You may want to read => this <= and maybe other pos't in regards what introduces an echo.

Simply setup and IP to IP call between two phones in your Local network and you will realize that there is no echo so its not really the phones "fault"

In regards to the platform you are using, I cannot really comment as you would need to speak to whoever set this up or maintains this.

sip.cfg is a pre-UC Software 3.3.0 term and a "sip,cfg" should be no longer used as since UC Software 3.3.0 we simply provision a phone with the parameters that change rather than the pre UC Software 3.3.0 behaviour which would load every single parameter via the sip.cfg / phone1.cfg

You can create a example.cfg with the following content:

<test voice.handset.st.SPIP650="10" />

Import this via the Web Interface and test. Then simply play with the value as provided above and see if it improves.

It does not really matter in which configuration file you add the parameter as long as it is XML conform.

If you have any issues with provisioning the phones or similar the next step is to contact your Polycom reseller if in warranty or either pay per incident for support or purchase professional services.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

I have been running with the tweak since September but still having the issue

I increased the number to 15 which seemed to make it worse, I assume I should be going back to say 5?

Is it possible to disable sidetone completly?

HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

this is getting into support territory.

Could you kindly work with your Polycom reseller and/or raise a PayPerIncident Ticket if outside warranty so we can check this ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.