Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have just came across an issue with our IP650 handsets in that it does not hang up a call if the user hangs up usually less than a second after dialling.

For example, we had a user that accidentily dialled 999 but hung up within a fraction of a second of doing so, however the call stayed open on the system until our PBX disconnected due to lack of RTP activity.

I have tested this and can replicate this every time dialling any outside number, if I dial an outside number and hang up almost instantly the call does not clear.  If I wait a second or more, when the call connects I can hang up as normal, it's just that instant hangup that's not clearing on the system, it's as if the phone is not sending the hangup signal.

I have tested this on our IP500 and IP501 handsets but they clear perfectly everytime, this only seems to be an IP650 issue

It seems to be that if you catch it before it gets a connect message back from the system it wont hang up, I set up a test 3 digit number that is non existent externally, I could replicate dialling this number and hanging up before it connected, the line stayed open.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry, we're running SIP 4.0.7.2514

HP Recommended

Hello Sc00by,

not really sure what you mean by connected but calling another number sends an INVITE.

A very quick test in my lab with a very basic phone configuration does not show this issue:

EDIT: prior scenario was wrong

As the above hopefully illustrates the INVITE and the CANCEL (when we hang up) is around 600ms apart.

Your case sounds like the phone never sends the BYE or CANCEL but only you can check this locally and verify this.

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above gives you some troubleshooting tips and the next step would be to work with your Polycom reseller to contact Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.