Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've been hacking away at my config file here, and I'm not making any headway.  We have a new IP650 w/ a sidecar attached.  We have configured two separate registrations - one to a 3CX system and one to a remote asterisk (Kerio Operator) system.  We are trying to get a mixture of BLF keys from each registration - specifically 2 BLFs for the remote asterisk registration, and about 12 BLFs for the local 3CX.  I can get BLFs for both systems to work - just not together.  I either have the BLFs for the remote asterisk registration working and the local 3CX BLFs showing offline, or vice versa. 

Obviously, I can set  attendant.reg  - but this appears to set the registration for all entries in attendant.resourceList.  I tried removing attendant.reg and attendant.uri and changing the attendant.resourceList.x.address from just the extension to sip:<extension>@<server_address> to no avail - the local 3CX BLFs work, but the remote asterisk BLFs show as offline.  It would make sense if we had an available setting for   attendant.resourceList.x.reg   to allow us to specify which registration to use per BLF - but that obviously doesn't exist.  I've been through the documentation, and I can find how to set up multiple registrations, and how to set up BLFs, but nothing on setting up BLFs with multiple registrations. 

I would greatly appreciate some direction on how to go about getting BLFs working with multiple registrations.  For what it's worth, the IP-650 is running SIP Software Version 3.3.3.0069

Thanks!

Chad

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Chad,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The UCS 3.3.0 Admin guide and the specific Using Statically Configured Busy Lamp Field document=> here <= are quiet clear in my opinion in regards about the attendant:

The index of the registration that will be used to send a SUBSCRIBE to the list SIP URI specified in attendant.uri. For example, attendant.reg = 2 means the second registration will be used.

Above does not state that multiple separate BLF instances are supported.

Any changes to the current behavior need to be raised via your Polycom reseller and worked with a Polycom Sales Engineer in order to present a business case to justify the change or enhancement.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Is there any update on this feature? Is it possible to send SUBSCRIBE requests to multiple servers?

Thanks,

Hanie

HP Recommended

Hello Hanie,

New features would be documented in the Admin Guide or Release notes.

To my knowledge nobody has raised a feature request for this yet.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I'm a +1 on this as are many of my colleagues.

All other manufacturers support this. I have a VVX 500 which I like because I can have 12 lines on 12 servers, but just spent $300 on the sidecar that only lets me BLF against a single server??? I would never have guessed. Now I need to RMA the thing and stop buying Polycoms.

Iliked the idea of these sidecars as they are more compact than yealink/grandstream, but at more than doubkle the price and with this limitation I can't justify recommending them.

Just allow ext# @ serverip to watch another server's extensions. OF course to get the hints you would have to be registered, fine.

There are dozens of business cases where this is a deal-breaker.

thanks.

BTW I can confirm that I have yet to find a phone from a different manufacvturer that doesn't allow this.

HP Recommended

Hello msmith9xr4,

The SPIP 650 in this topic will not receive any more further development to my knowledge apart from bug fixes.

The new VVX phone you are quoting is a different matter and I can only suggest to raise a feature request via your Polycom reseller and provide a business case justifying the change.

This is all explained here:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

No matter for the 650. I realize its old.

The VVx series is still marketed.

I have no "reseller," or certainly no relationship with a retailer of your equipment.

I order hundreds of phones through resellers like voipsotre.com, modulis, etc. Depends on client company's wishes. I used to only sell Polycom, that slowed in 2013-2014 as the competition flew ahead in most regards. I do proprietary/cisco/MS and mostly asterisk-derived platforms.

_________

How can I get a reseller to pass this along? Can you refer me to a reseller, located in Eastern Canada preferably, who is allowed to send a request for features? 

Also, I am curious how, in a climate where all of your competition is emplying social networking techniques to learn more about their market, why does Polycom, as a matter of policy, fail to pass suggestions up the line? 

_

Since the above is absurdly silly, how about the following:

In exchange for at least an answer from an engineer or someone in the development team who knows about phone functionality across the industry about my question/request, I am willing to provide, a 100% confirmed catastrophic bug on your 5.4.0.5841 firmware on the VVX, new bug since upgrade from pre-sidecar firmware.

Normally I would chjarge at least $5,000 for this level of bug. Easily documented and easily confirmed. 

Fair offer for a touch of respect to your user base and their installers.

______

To re-iterate, I only need to know why the VVX color expansion module can't be allowed to set up  BLF across different lines/sip servers. Even if the "range" of lines watched was limited to the 12 registrations (for vvx500) allowed by the phone itself, that woul dbe acceptable. Currently, as a matter of policy/choice/ only the primary line's server can have extensions BLF watched. This is a commaon/basic feature for many years on all reasonably serious VoIP phone_sidecar combos.

Furthermore, this would INSTANTLY transform the VVX expansion model to the industry's most densely capable. 

HP Recommended

Hello msmith9xr4,

Thanks for getting back to myself and the community.

I am unsure why you assume that our product managers and marketing people are not monitoring this and other social media platforms but I can assure you they are.

Your reseller is usually the organization we have sold the phone to and you purchased it from. Often discounters buy in bulk from these and as a result of the discounted price are unable to offer you any end customer support or in fact a direct connection into Polycom.

If you provide me with a MAC address of a phone in question I will be able to check who you will have to work with.

I am an engineering in Tier 3 support so I am well within the requirement to provide you with the answer that this feature is currently not supported and neither planned for a future release.

I can also tell you that the attendant.reg parameter can be used to define the BLF registration for any other line than line 1. You cannot define a mix of different servers.

I can also make you aware that UC Software  5.4.0.5841 has been replaced with 5.4.0.10182.

As Polycom does not charge for software updates I am unsure how you would charge us for this ? In the interest of the community and other member I can only ask you to share your findings.

As I am not a software developer I am unable to answer you why there is no such feature as requested by yourself, the original poster back in 2012, and one other user but I assume you do understand that like everything else in the world we add features based on how large the demand is from the public.

Therefore, the already in my original reply outlined process, is required to justify any time and therefore money spend on developing, testing and supporting of such new feature. To my knowledge such demand from a large user group has not yet been raised.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.