Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am looking to downgrade about 50 phones from 4.0.7 to 4.0.4 due to a problem with dropped conference calls on Cisco UCM.  I can't seem to find an easy way to do this.  I need a way to force the phone to download a new .cfg file and .ld file without physical intervention on the phone.

I have two problems that may or may not be related:

1.  When I make changes to the .cfg files on the TFTP server, the phones do not download the changes upon reboot.  I can manually download them using the web interface but this still doesn't update the downloaded .cfg file and I don't feel a web/download mismatch is ideal.

2.  When I put an older .ld file on the TFTP server, this is also ignored.  I've tried renaming it and updating my 000000000000.cfg file (and uploading via web) to reflect the new name but it won't download.   I can't get the web update to work either.  It should really just allow you to directly download the files.  Instead you have to specify an update server.  I found one piece of information that stated you specify the download server in the .cfg file but was unable to find the associated parameters necessary.

I realize there is probably documentation somewhere on all of this, I just cannot seem to find it.  If somebody could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.   And are there configuration settings to force this we can use with initial installs to avoid this problem in the future? 

We are using the TFTP functionality on Cisco UCM 9.1.2 to provision the files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

I had already commented on your other post => here <=

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Via these two types of files you load other configuration files. You do not set any configuration in these files and neither should they be imported via the Web Interface.

Guessing by your other posts and this post I can only assume that some serios miss configuration is causing the phones to fall over.

As suggested in my original reply you need to work with your Polycom reseller on this.

Any change to a file listed in the CONFIG_FILES="" section of either 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg will be checked on a reboot and if required applied.

The 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg also tell the phone what Firmware to look for via the APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" and if the Firmware has changed i.e. 4.0.7 down to 4.0.4 will load this firmware on a reboot and downgrade the phone.

With the investment made into the Infrastructure I can only advise you to seek professional help as once you understand the structure is so simple.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

I had already commented on your other post => here <=

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Via these two types of files you load other configuration files. You do not set any configuration in these files and neither should they be imported via the Web Interface.

Guessing by your other posts and this post I can only assume that some serios miss configuration is causing the phones to fall over.

As suggested in my original reply you need to work with your Polycom reseller on this.

Any change to a file listed in the CONFIG_FILES="" section of either 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg will be checked on a reboot and if required applied.

The 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg also tell the phone what Firmware to look for via the APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" and if the Firmware has changed i.e. 4.0.7 down to 4.0.4 will load this firmware on a reboot and downgrade the phone.

With the investment made into the Infrastructure I can only advise you to seek professional help as once you understand the structure is so simple.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you Steffen.  Changing the name of our custom .cfg file and the 000000000000.cfg parameter that points to it, while not ideal, will work just fine.  That's the piece I was missing.

I also found an issue with our .cfg file that was looking in the wrong directory, which was my problem with the .ld file.  I should have caught that earlier, just was a bit burned out I guess.

Thanks again,

Phil

HP Recommended

Hello Phil,

have a look => here <= to automate the process of individual phone files.

I would still like to see this in support to look at why the SSIP7000 reboots on 4.0.7

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.