Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Forum,

We have an IP7000 device that we are having audio issues with. The volume of the microphones is just too low, and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to increase the volume.

We noticed that there are two settings:

• Automatic Gain Control
  • Noise Suppression

Both are set to "on". When we set them to "off" and leave the menu, the value changes back to "on".

We don't believe this is set by the config being pulled from our TFTP server, but we cannot turn these options off!

Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Oliver

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The settings from the factory is on and it cannot be turned off.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.

That seems a little strange.

Is there any possible way of turning this off? If not, are there any plans to allow the setting to be turned off?

Thanks,

Oliver

HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

any changes to the original functionality must be raised via your reseller as a feature request with a business proposal justifying the change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

Can this be done on a phone-to-phone basis, or will this need to be approved and rolled out as an update for all handsets?

Is there a set format for this proposal?

Thanks,

Oliver

HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

a change like this is not on a phone to phone basis and would affect a software release for at least the Handset group in question.

Your Polycom Reseller should be able to advise you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your reply.

The fact that this hasn't been raised makes me think that maybe we are missing something with the way this phone is set up.

Are there any known problems with the microphones on IP7000, or is there any reason why the the user of the phone would sound so quiet on phone calls?

The phone is situated in a normal sized conference room with a mixture of soft and hard furnishings.

Is there a particular codec which performs better than others?

Thanks,

Oliver

HP Recommended

Hello Oliver,

I am not aware of any microphone issues and in case of support for this unit a ticket should be raised via your reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Oliver,

You are not alone. I have deployed half dozen IP7000 to one customer recently and they have the exact same problem. People at the other end having difficulty hearing the IP7000 user, speech voice fades in and out, somtime breaking up. I have tried using the extended microphone units and the fault cleared. But customer is not willing to pay for every IP7000 to have extended microphones.

We really need Polycom to come up with a better solution.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Minshu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only give you the same answer as I have given Oliver that I am not aware of any microphone issues and in case of support for this unit a ticket should be raised via your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.