Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP7000 - Multi Interface Module - Daisy Chain Error

Occasional Advisor

IP7000 - Multi Interface Module - Daisy Chain Error

Hi All

I have hit a brick wall with the Polycom user guides and internet searches, hopefully somebody on here can help.

I have 2 IP7000 which are linked to a Multi Interface Module. Unfortunately the second IP7000 will not sync up as I keep receiving the following error message - "Daisy Chaining Error Version Conflict Contact IT Manager".

I have compared the 2 IP7000's and they are identical in SIP level, firmware, boot rom, boot block, version and revision.

I am unsure if the Multi Interface Module can be upgraded as I can find little detail about it.

If anybody can help I would  appreciate it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP7000 - Multi Interface Module - Daisy Chain Error

Hello Buzzby,

the Interface module itself cannot be upgraded.

It would be good to know what Version of Software you have currently running as this could be compared to release notes of newer versions or followed up internally.

If all fails just upgrade the units manually to either UCS 3.3.5 or UCS 4.0.3 Rev B to be on the latest release.

You may want to involve your Polycom reseller to contact Polycom support so this can be tracked properly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am almost embarrassed to say that the software used on both IP7000's is a rather old 3.0.2.0972. We obviously follow the "if it aint broke don’t fix it" mantra!

I cannot ascertain what software the MIM is but I have been advised that it is several years old.

I am approaching our reseller currently, but I thought I would throw the question out here on this forum whilst I await their response. Obviously with Christmas holidays it maybe some time.

Regards

Craig

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Buzzby,

as mentioned above the Interface module itself holds no upgradeable software.

I urge you to upgrade the SSIP7000 at least to UCS 3.3.5

This is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4