Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All

I have hit a brick wall with the Polycom user guides and internet searches, hopefully somebody on here can help.

I have 2 IP7000 which are linked to a Multi Interface Module. Unfortunately the second IP7000 will not sync up as I keep receiving the following error message - "Daisy Chaining Error Version Conflict Contact IT Manager".

I have compared the 2 IP7000's and they are identical in SIP level, firmware, boot rom, boot block, version and revision.

I am unsure if the Multi Interface Module can be upgraded as I can find little detail about it.

If anybody can help I would  appreciate it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Buzzby,

the Interface module itself cannot be upgraded.

It would be good to know what Version of Software you have currently running as this could be compared to release notes of newer versions or followed up internally.

If all fails just upgrade the units manually to either UCS 3.3.5 or UCS 4.0.3 Rev B to be on the latest release.

You may want to involve your Polycom reseller to contact Polycom support so this can be tracked properly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am almost embarrassed to say that the software used on both IP7000's is a rather old 3.0.2.0972. We obviously follow the "if it aint broke don’t fix it" mantra!

I cannot ascertain what software the MIM is but I have been advised that it is several years old.

I am approaching our reseller currently, but I thought I would throw the question out here on this forum whilst I await their response. Obviously with Christmas holidays it maybe some time.

Regards

Craig

HP Recommended

Hello Buzzby,

as mentioned above the Interface module itself holds no upgradeable software.

I urge you to upgrade the SSIP7000 at least to UCS 3.3.5

This is all described in the FAQ.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.