Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

OK, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes.

I recently got the IP7000 and the MIM, with the intent to connect the IP7000 into a large room audio system.

I have the IP7000 working by itself. I can call out and call back to the IP7000.  And I am powering the

IP7000 with the external 48V power adapter, that connects to the IP7000 through the 10-wire cable

that brings both power and 8-pin ethernet to the IP7000. 

My question has to do with connecting the IP7000 to the MIM.

Question1:  the MIM "quick start guide" show the MIM powering the IP7000 through the 10-pin cable.

with the MIM now being powered by the 48V power adapter plugged into the 120V wall socket.

--> is this how this should work,   that is the MIM powers the IP7000 through the 10-pin cable ?

--> because when I connected the MIM to the 48V adapter, I do see a green LED on the MIM

circuit-board turn on,  but I don't see the IP7000 turn on !?  

--> again does this sound right ?,   I waited about 20 seconds and the IP7000 did not power up !?

do I need to wait longer ?

Note, if this is not the right place to be asking this question, please direct me to the correct  group/forum

thanks,    -steve

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello steve martindell,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

maybe you wired it wrong?

Can you post a photo?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have a similar issue to the above.

We are using a normal network cable to connect the IP7000 to the MIM.

My question is, does it have to be the 10-pin network cable and if yes, can the 10-pin network cable be crimped.

HP Recommended

Hello @Okorosi Peter,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The 10 PIN cable is needed between the MIM and the phone

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK, I'm answering my own here here.  I had used the original 10-ping cable that came with the

IP7000, to connect the MIM to the IP7000, and this was not working.  A local support person

contacted me and said that the 10-pin cable that comes with the MIM is  _not_  the same as

10-pin cable that comes with the IP7000.  So once I used the 10-pin cable that came with the

MIM, (to connect the MIM to the IP) it all started working.  Problem solved.

Now I should have ohm'd out the two cable,  and I would have seen that the cables are different.

So now I have marked the MIM 10-pin cable with a "MIM" lable, and marked the IP7000 10-pin

cable with a "IP7000" lable, to avoid this problem in the future.

-steve

HP Recommended

Hello all,

The Documentation included in the MIM should be sufficient to set this up but please see here:

The above is a Polycom proprietary CLINK cable

This cable is a RJ45 type cable but has a 10 PIN RJ style connector.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.