Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

two years ago we bought for one of our location another HDX 7000, and also an IP7000 SoundStation.

Unfortunately, a few weeks ago they told us, that videoconverencing  isn't working, the SoundStation is only displaying an white screen.

We checked it, and the IP7000 also isn't reachable via HTTP or PING. Also if we reconnect the network cable (PoE), to force an reboot, the SoundStation starts the boot process, it displays the Polycom logo, but after that, it displays always an blank, white screen. We found now way to do an reset or something else, since there is no response...

We have several IP7000, but the newest one, is the first broken one...

It's a pity, if we have to exchange parts of this system just a few months after the guarantee ran out.

Does anyone of you now, what we can do, or has the same problem?

br Alex

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello Poly_Alex

When you rebooted the SoundStation, display shows the countdown process?

If this it's true:

> press "setup" button then enter admin password.

> in last option "reset to Defaults" then "Reset settings"

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hello armando86vargas,

thanks for your reply!

When the SoundStation boots up, it displays the Polycom logo, and immediately after that, i get the white screen. The boot countdown doesn't start...

br Alex

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like the unit is defective. Not knowing the circumstances how this happened and/or if some user interaction (unplugging cables / plugging wrong cables / lightening strike) its hard to comment.

A RMA via your Polycom reseller should be considered.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your help!

As far as we know, there was no meeting in this room, between the last time it worked, till it brokes up. So the system was powered off the whole time..

Regarding RMA, our problem is, that we got no reply from our reseller since weeks (we now, it's a really bad reseller, we are not happy about that). Do you have any tips how to handle this?

br Alex

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

What is the MAC of the Phone so I can look this up internally.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

many thanks for help!

As far as i know, is the Serial Number also the MAC Adress?

The SN is: 0004F2EFA6EB

br Alex

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

This phone was sold via ELTAX GMBH back in 24/01/2014

Is this the reseller you are working with?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

yes, that's partly true. We are working with A1 Telekom Austria AG as reseller, but as far as I know is ELTAX GMBH their reseller.

br Alex

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have the same Problem with a customer - he buyed 6x IP7000 and we have the Problem with 2 of the devices - its hard to explain to the customer that Polycom have only 12 Month of garantee ... my distributor told me that he can do anything since polycom gives him also only 12 Month garantee. 

-Matthias

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.