Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

IP7000 randomly drop calls after registering Avaya SBC under CM6.3

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

IP7000 randomly drop calls after registering Avaya SBC under CM6.3

Hi, 

I have IP7000 connecting with HDX7000 successfully registered to Avaya SBC under CM6.3. Whenever making the audio conference via IP7000, the call was dropped randomly after, says, 15mins / 35 mins / or even 2 hrs. The problem is I couldn't simulate the problem at certain time becuase it did work without any problem at that time. 

I am so frustrated if problem on IP7000, Avaya SBC or CM, or even the network itself. Any suggestion? Thx a lot.

Best rgds.,

CPL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: IP7000 randomly drop calls after registering Avaya SBC under CM6.3

Hello CPL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You could work with Avaya as they would have done the interoperability testing with the SoundStation IP 7000 and should be able to support you with what exact settings the IP 7000 requires in order to be compatible with the Avaya system.

It is in addition always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.  Please include the Software for all devices involved.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In order to troubleshoot this on the IP7000 end please follow this FAQ guide:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: IP7000 randomly drop calls after registering Avaya SBC under CM6.3

Dear Steffen Baier,

Thx for your comment. I had raised ticket to Avaya and awaiting their finding. Thx again and I may need your advise again if problem still there. 

Best rgds.,

CPL

Message 3 of 3