Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The phone rebooted after some 3CX system updates last week. After restart, received error, File system full. Fix or Cancel?

I selected Fix. Usually this works with no issues. We have another one of these with no issues. Rebooting with file system full seems to be new as well. Not sure why this is happening. I had loaded some new firmware and software, but not sure why file system is filling up.

Software loads, phone reboots and registers with phone system.  This other IP7000 is now stuck on "formatting file system". I had unplugged it a couple times to see if that would kick it out of the lock, but no success. The phone seems to be a 3-winged brick.

Please advise.  Polycom support is no help.  Phone was purchased used. The original owner(not the seller) per Polycom support is unreachable. 

Thank you,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to follow up your original posts => here <= as without feedback other community members will be unable to verify if the advise / response given has helped you.

We from Polycom support are unable to provide you with support if we cannot verify where the phone has come from as only within the first year period of the manufacturer warranty support is provided.

The best software to be utilized at present with SSIP7000 is the UCS 4.0.4 release as both the UCS 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 shows the File System error you described.

Once the phone formats the file system it will require to download it's software. Are you sure you are pointing it to a provisioning server so it can do this?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This problem is unrelated to my previous posts.

Thank you,

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

this is clear to myself and I did answer with a comment in regards to this post.

You have in the past not updated your older post's covering a different topic. In not doing so other community members with the same or similar issue are unable to verify if the reply provide fixed your issue.

Could you be so kind and update the old post's if the reply addressed your initial issue?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The system seems to be corrupted and never finishes formatting the file system. I have left the unit alone to format for 18 hours and it has not completed the format process.

I am not able to load software while the system is stuck formatting.

HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

depending on the actual state of the phone you may want to try a factory reset as follows:

Resetting to Factory Defaults

You can use a multiple key combination to reset your phone to the factory defaults.

Depending on your phone model, press and hold the following keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process until the password prompt displays:

SoundPoint IP 321/331/335, 450, SoundStation 5000, 7000, and Duo: 1, 3, 5, and 7 dial pad keys

If above does not help only a RMA for the phone would be the next option. I never had a phone in such state.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.