Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Device is:

SoundPoint IP 335

Application, load: Type=SIP, Version=3.3.1.0933 02-Feb-11 18:44

This is an intermittent problem.  When a call is placed to the phone, a 503 Service Unavailable is returned to the caller.  If the caller retries immediately, the call will complete properly.

Debug log shows the following for a failed call:

SipCallDrop 95d65a50,9577a080 reason 6

Does anyone know what "reason 6" is ?

The other addresses appear to point back to the phones internal event queue structure that manages various status' and work.

I've read of others with similar "503 Service Unavailable" probelms and they appeared to be corrected by downgrading firmware levels.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello NormB,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

503 is a service unavailable Code (Source) and as you have not described the call scenario it is rather hard to guess.

Is this an incoming external call to the Handset?

The latest UCS 3.3.2 release has been uploaded => here <= but I checked the release Notes for UCS 3.3.x and our internal Database and have not found any 503 related tickets/fixes other than failover scenarios.

If you can reproduce the Issue I would recommend to contact your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom Support directly and provide the following:

• A Wireshark Capture taken on Phone with an unfiltered Trace starting with Booting the Phone so all SIP Traffic is captured and then reproduce the Issue
  • Your<mac>-app.logand<mac>-boot.log best taken from a FTP Server as complete logs are needed
  • Your configuration Files used by the Phone
  • The Software Version and make of your SIP Server
  • Detailed scenario including IP Addresses of all involved units

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are experiencing the same.

I've sent multiple requests to our Polycom account rep asking for details on what the SIPDropCall messages mean. So far I've not gotten any feedback.

Here's an example of messages from one of our logs:

0813160222|sip  |2|00|SipCallDrop 95cf8ce0,95645840 reason 6

0813160222|sip  |2|00|CStkCall::Drop(reason = 6) (0x95cf8ce0)

These logs are from an attempted outgoing call. The result of the call is a T-120 or fast busy. In our case, when this issue occurs there is an eight to ten second window where all incoming or ougoing calls to this phone fail. The results are the same for all of these calls. The issue clears then all calls are successful.

This happens once every week to ten days. We've seen the issue on three phones out of 1700+. The phones in question have been replaced. We still see the issue. Our thought is that other users are seeing the issue and are not reporting it due to it's brief nature. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I can only give you the same reply as to the original poster.

The short snippet does not really tell us anything and you have neither specified the Software Version nor the phone model/sip server.

The correct path forward would be to log this with Polycom Support as explained above.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The phone type is Soundpoint 670. It's running version 3.2.0.0157. The SIP server is Avaya CS2100 Session Server Lines (SSLI).

Is there any documentation that clearly states SipCallDrop reason 6 indicates xxx? In the beginning this seemed to be a simple question. Now it doesn't. One would not think it would be hard to find the definition of (reason 6). I expect the definition would be general in nature. It still would be good to know what the log means to Polycom.

We are trying catch this issue via debug trace on our SIP server. That is not easy to do bacause the issue is not easy to reproduce. Running continuous debug is a bit intensive.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello Tony,

the reason code is a standard code that does not automatically give us the reason for the dropped call.

The community is mainly for enthusiast or Polycom resellers to discuss and help each other.

Myself, like other Polycom employees, come here in our own time and attempt to help with little issues but do not advertise this platform as a replacement for our own support infrastructure.

The SIP Software you are running has been superseded with SIP 3.2.6 or even newer Versions and we usually do not troubleshoot older variants. 

In addition I am not sure if the Call Platform is a supported Platform and I am unaware if it has been interoperability tested.

The correct way forward would be the following:

• Upgrade to the latest build
  • attempt to replicate the issue (maybe run a syslog server)

Once you contact a Polycom support team in your area via your Polycom reseller so they can advise you what kind of log settings we would need to pin point the root cause.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.