Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Inbound Caller ID Formatting

Occasional Visitor

Inbound Caller ID Formatting

Hi 

I updated my firmware several months back and never got the caller ID to work right

My caller ID is showing external phone numbers in what I think is E.164 format. ( +1AAAXXXXXXX )  where A is the area code and X is the 7 digit phone number. ( I live in the US)

Is there a way to change the prefix to remove the +1, and instead append a 9 (what we use to dial out),

So it would look like ( 9AAAXXXXXXX ) ?

That way when someone goes through the missed calls they received they can call them back.

Thank you for any help, I could not find anything in the configuration files or online about this.

Pollycom SoundPoint IP 550
Sip 4.1.1.0260
BootBlock: 3.0.2.0024
Updater: 5.1.0.85063

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Inbound Caller ID Formatting

Hello newimage,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Firstly I assume you are using a SIP server and therefore UC Software 4.1.1 is not the correct software for this phone. UC Software 4.1.0 and 4.1.1 is for LYNC only as stated in the release notes.

In regards to your query we do not have such functionality and your SIP server should convert the dialed number as it is sending it to you in this format.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Hi, Thank you so much for the reply

Strange, I did not see where it says for Lync only 

I thought it was just added support... It seems to work ok, what version do you suggest?

------------------------------------------------------------

I think I found the fix to the issue with the Caller ID

I was looking at my old solution, I think what we did was modified the dileplan and used

R+R9Rxxxxxxxxxxx

That would rewrite the +1 and add a 9 on the redials.

It will still show up as +1xxxxxxxxxx but will redial correctly. :)

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello newimage,

the digitmap is only applicable to calls off hook as explained here`:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to Dial a number when Off Hook or on 2nd Call in a Conference

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4