Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We currently use Polycom IP phones (both IP550,IP331) running Version 4.1.1.0731

I setup a ftp boot server to manage about 10 phones and they all have a copy of a directory that has been created. However all incoming calls appear as:

XXXXXX (Number)

sip:XXXXXX@xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:XXXX (Number@IPaddress:PortNumber)

1) They dont seem to pick up if the number is in the directory even though this has been set using: up.useDirectoryNames = 1

2) I cant get the Incoming calls to only record the Name or Phone number without the SIP, as the SIP line causing issues with redails. I reviewed a similar topic that detailed turning on Parameter : feature.urlDialing.enabled="1" However this is already on

Any help would be much appriacted. We don't have a reseller to consult with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello englishfox90,

• Is this a LYNC or a SIP Setup?

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
    4.0.X SIP Only
    4.1.X LYNC Only

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello englishfox90,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

First I assume you are using SIP and not LYNC so I suggest software Version 4.0.11 and not 4.1.1

Once you done this please check here:

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above contains troubleshooting steps.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks I have done as instructed, however I have the directory setup as instructed already. And at troublshooting I can see in the logs a saved number cant find the contact:

1202135215|so   |3|03|[SoMediaSessC]: Call (0x95703ed0) - New State: SoMediaSessStateFree (Real)
1202135215|so   |3|03|SoMediaSessC::fsmFree: (0x95703ed0) - In-use (1) - Act (0)
1202135317|so   |3|03|[SoNcasC]: 'soGetDirName (0x95705640)' - Returned ()
1202135317|so   |3|03|soCoreAudioTermChg: [soCoreAudioActiveTerm:idle][newTermination:ringer][handset RxAg:0|RxDg:-15|TxAg:24|TxDg:6]
1202135317|so   |3|03|SoCoreAudioC::switchPageChannel no incoming active page to bind
1202135317|so   |3|03|soStreamAddrSet DestIP 2: local RTP port=0 (2228)  dest IP=0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)  dest port=0 (0) rtp filter by port=0 ( cat=0 )
1202135317|so   |3|03|soStreamAddrSet: local RTP port=2228  dest IP=0.0.0.0  dest port=0 (9572BD20)
1202135317|so   |3|03|soStreamNetConn: state(0) rtpforce(0) filterbyPort(0) filterbyIP(1) cat(0) lp(2228) rp(0)
1202135317|so   |3|03|[SoMediaSessC]: MsgPpsCallStateInd Usr(0x95705640) Net(0x94f9c260) St(2)
1202135317|so   |3|03|[SoMediaSessC]: Call (0x95705640) - New State: SoMediaSessStateOffering (Real)

However on the phone the call came in as 

Name: {Number}

HP Recommended

Hello englishfox90,

• Is this a LYNC or a SIP Setup?

Jun 30, 2015 Question:What is the difference using the UC Software 4.0.0 for compatible SoundPoint or SoundStation IP Phones?

Resolution: Please always check the release Notes or

Software Version  Call Server
    4.0.X SIP Only
    4.1.X LYNC Only

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry we use a SIP setup, however I can not get our current setup running on the older SIP version. The config files might be wrong and require further investigations. 

I attempted to downgrade one phone but the line was unregistered and couldnt get it connected again and had to revert back the downgrade back to 4.11

Is there any advice on downgrading from 4.1 to 4.0?

HP Recommended

Hello englishfox90,

there is no difference other that one version 4.1.1 is for LYNC and the 4.0.x branch is for SIP.

You should use 4.0.11 and follow this:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Can I register or is my Polycom Phone compatible with a “XYZ” SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I found that the sip-basic was diffrent once this was updated on my ftp server everything seemed to update correctly.

many thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.