Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Folks, I'm stumped with this one -- every incoming call shows up on the screen (IP 550, SIP 4.0.1.13681) as "sip:4445551212" instead of simply "4445551212".   If I try to redial such a call (or dial from missed calls or received calls), I get a fast busy signal and the display simply shows "sip:".  I have this problem whether the incoming call is an internal or external extension.

I have no issues if I simply dial the number as "4445551212".  What am I missing here?  How do I either a) strip the leading "sip:", or b) get the IP 550 to understand that this is OK?  Thanks in advance for the help!

Here's my configuration.  BTW, I do not have SRV records setup.

<reg

reg.1.address="polygon"
        reg.1.auth.password="<removed>"
        reg.1.auth.userId="polygon"
        reg.1.label="101"
        reg.1.lineKeys="2"
        reg.1.server.1.addresss="<removed -- hostname.something.com>"
        reg.1.server.1.port="5060"
        reg.1.server.1.transport="UDPOnly"
    />

<call
        call.localConferenceCallHold="1"
        call.rejectBusyOnDnd="0"
    />

<dialplan
        dialplan.applyToUserDial="0"
        dialplan.digitmap="10x|[2-9]11|[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx"
    />

<msg
        msg.bypassInstantMessage="1"
        msg.mwi.1.callBack="777"
        msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
    />

... and here's what anINVITE looks like from Asterisk (10.0.1.3 = asterisk, 10.0.1.13 = polycom IP 550 (aka "polygon")) -

INVITE sip:polygon@10.0.1.13 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.0.1.3:5060;branch=z9hG4bK27a55f36;rport
Max-Forwards: 70
From: "Terwilliger" <sip:4445551212@10.0.1.3>;tag=as1e072322
To: <sip:polygon@10.0.1.13>
Call-ID: 10b9f30128591b7a0f6afefc48d6c1a4@10.0.1.3:5060
CSeq: 102 INVITE
User-Agent: Asterisk PBX 1.8.7.2
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:19:19 GMT
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO, PUBLISH
Supported: replaces, timer
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 274

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Terwilliger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that the Community is not a replacement for the usual Polycom support structure and you should liaise with your Polycom Reseller directly.

Without knowing the Software Version you are running (You are being asked in the FAQ to supply this) it is hard to check any of the release notes to see if this is a known issue.

Most likely you have to turn off URL-Dialing (feature.urlDialing.enabled="0")

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Terwilliger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that the Community is not a replacement for the usual Polycom support structure and you should liaise with your Polycom Reseller directly.

Without knowing the Software Version you are running (You are being asked in the FAQ to supply this) it is hard to check any of the release notes to see if this is a known issue.

Most likely you have to turn off URL-Dialing (feature.urlDialing.enabled="0")

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I'm running SIP 4.0.1.13681.  Looks like enabling urlDialing did the trick!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi,

My generated <mac>-phone.cfg file doesn't have this feature.urlDial parameter.  I use 4.0.2B software version.  Did I miss anything?

Also, I found out that if I use reg.1.server.1.address="myserver.domain.com" hostname, it will prepend "sip:" for Missed and Received calls. If I use ip address for this field like reg.1.server.1.address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", it will not prepend "sip:".  Please advise the reason.  Unfortunately, our auto provisioning tool always use hostname.   How do I get around it without urlDial parmater?

thanks,

dc

HP Recommended

Hello vokocomm,

I would suggest you liaise with the provider of your provisioning tool to add that parameter or add it manually to verify that this solves your issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks.  Any suggestion why using ip address for reg.1.server.1.address= will not have "sip:" incoming calls prefix but fully qualified hostname will get prefix?  I confirmed fully qualified hostname resolved ok to the same ip address.

thanks,

dc

HP Recommended

Hello vokocomm,

I would have to test this in my lab to verify or check with engineering if this is working as designed once a support case was raised by yourself via your Polycom reseller.

I would recommend to utilize UCS 4.0.3 anyway an re-test and then follow this up the official support route.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.