cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling

Occasional Visitor

International Calling

Hello!

My company has enabled International Calling on my desk phone. The model is VVX 301

Now i have tried calling a number in cuba for one of our employees because they need to verify her education but the call won't connect. 

Our IT guy called russia to a family member and it connected easily. I have tried countless times and with different numbers that i know work and they won't connect.

what i do is:

9 to get out 011 for international calls in the USA 53 for Country Code in this case Cuba and then the number

later i found out that cuba has codes for their provinces as well. so the province i'm calling the number would be 24

so this is what i dial

90115324XXXXXXXX  (the X's are for the phone number) i try it without the 24 and is still won't work. IT says is not somethin they can fix and i was wondering if maybe is the phone and that maybe it was different ways of dialing to other countries.

Just asking for help really. or it could just be Cuba. 

but i can make calls on my personal cell phone so i'm not really sure what the problem is.

hopefully someone can help.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: International Calling

What does your Call Server administrator say?  Have they looked at the log files? Could be there is an 'allowed/restricted country code' table coming into play. Also, your long distance carrier may have restrictions in place.  Someone needs to look at where the call is getting blocked.

JoeV
Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: International Calling

Hello leslie.tamayo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The calling facility is not part of what the phone provides. Your SIP server or Gateway does this and as Joe already stated you should get your network team to look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3