Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My name is Moe.

I've been working with Polycom VoIP phones since 2008, TI in charge of networking, servers, all this stuff. I've no idea of VoIP those days and I've learned a lot since then (sounds like Luke in ROTJ)

Polycom phones imho are great products, initially we had 100 extensions (10 Polycom 650 and 90 330) connected to and Asterisk server.

In 2011 we change our telephony provider for a virtualized Call Manager, the polycoms worked flawless, only a special configuration has to be done.  Our park growth to 120 extensions and we have some 331. 

Now in 2017 we are changing to a new ISP provider and the telephony has to change aswell but this time to a Cisco CallManager 11.0.1.22900-14.  

We did a series of test and the phone worked without a single problem.  But now they told me that *8 to callpickup is not supported and won't work in polycom phones, it seems just a Cisco only feature. 

My question is, is there someone who has confronted the same problem and find a solution? I said that because if there is a feature line to be added to feature.cfg that solves the problem or we're dommed.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Moe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Can I explain that using Polycom SoundPoint IP and VVX phones is completely unsupported in a Cisco Environment?

Cisco uses specific FAC's which cannot be dialed by the 3rd Party SIP phones that the CUCM offers.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 17, 2014 Question:Can I deploy Polycom® SoundStation® IP Conference Phones with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains how you can use a SoundStation IP phone or a RealPresence Trio phone but there are very limited features for these conference phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.