Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to change the display on the POLYCOM VVX310 to show only the lines that are active.  I dont want to unassign the lines or the phones but we have 8 phones and only 5 of them are active.  Is there a way to show ONLY the lines that you want to be able to transfer to within the system/office since there is no way to advance the screen on the line view?

EX. Show Chris, Craig, GIS, Front Office, MIchael....and not show Planner Station and Planner Station2

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello CPPinc,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post from => here <= as this was a post which had already been marked as solution provided.

You are having a new or different issue and therefore should post a new topic.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

I am not fully sure what your actual issues is and what type of favorites/shared line/BLF/Buddy you even have.

It may help posting a photo so we can try and understand what you are actually asking for.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Steffen.

Here is the information that you requested about the phone.

Label: SIP

Version: 4.1.6.5112

P/M: 3150-11530-416

File: SIP.LD

Model VVX310

Assembly: 3111-46161-001 Rev: A

S/N 0004f27d5d05

DHCP enabled

As I mentioned our phones show 6 lines on them and 5 of them are lines other than mine.  We currently have 8 phones in the office but 2 are not currently being used but we want to keep the stations active and assigned.

But what we are trying to do is be able to see the 5 phones on the screen that are currently active with a person sitting at the desk

I have attached an image of the phone screen.  The two that are called Planner Station are not needed on the screen as there are two other named phones that do need to show up.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joel

HP Recommended

Hello CPPinc,

have a look here:

• Utilities > Line Key Configuration

You should see:

The above example utilizes the attendant.resourceList.x.address. You should be able to simply remove the unwanted one's.

If you cannot see this then your yet unknown SIP server utilizes the attendant.uri instead. This cannot be controlled by yourself and you need to work with whoever setup your system or provides your service.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

I apologize for my ignorrance in this, but we are using the VIRTUAL COMMUNICATIONS EXPRESS by Verizon for the monitoring of the phones which allows us to make certain changes

I am attaching an image of what our screen looks like.

I am not familiar with how to access the phones as in your image below

Is this from a website that connects directly into the phones?

Please let me know

I am not sure if Verizon would know the ins and outs of the phones themselves as they have pointed me to the POLYCOM site previously for assistance.

HP Recommended

under phone I have found the

IP address

Boot Block

BootL1

Updater

Device Certificate

When I put the IP address of the phone into the web address it comes back that

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.16 refused to connect.

Which is how it tells me here:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/user/products/voice/web_configuration_utility_Us...

to connect to what you are telling

HP Recommended

Hello CPPinc,

Your phone is hosted and most likely programmed by VIRTUAL COMMUNICATIONS EXPRESS by Verizon so Polycom does not have any access to the phone and if disabled the Web Interface.

Most likely check your "Monitor a line" Section but I am only guessing.

If VIRTUAL COMMUNICATIONS EXPRESS by Verizon provides and charges you for the service it is in their interest to support you as Polycom is unable to do anything.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks.  It looks like that was the solution.

Much appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.