Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Is there a check-sync notify equivalent available which forces a reboot of the phone?

I know that several other phone brands support this feature, but i can't find it in the Polycom documentation.

The only information I've found is:

<voIpProt voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1" />

can be used to remotely reboot the Unit if it receives a SIP Notify Message that contains the event equal to check-sync.

To: <sip:192.168.1.104:5060>
Call-ID: b98cd3c4-f37c265b-c864532
CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
Event: check-sync
Max-Forwards: 10
Content-Length: 0

The standard value of this functionality is usually:

voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="0"

But in some cases we want to force a reboot and in other cases we just want to update the configuration.

So it would be nice if there are 2 different events which can be sent  for this purporse.

If it's currently not available we would like to submit this as a feature request, what would be the way to do this?

Thanks IA,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Mario,

this is at present the only way to reset the phone by changing the CHECK-SYNC parameter in the configuration.

You could create your own script via PERL or similar to simply use the reset the phone option that we added in UC Software 4.0.0 or later:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use CGI;
use LWP::UserAgent;
use strict;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( );
my $ip = '172.23.3.201';
my $restartUrl = "http://$ip/form-submit/Restart";

# Create request object and add the authentication header and the expected cookie
  my $req =  HTTP::Request->new(POST => $restartUrl);
  $req->header('Cookie' => 'Authorization=Basic UG9seWNvbTo0NTY='); ### the password is the same as the one that is added by the digest algorithm below… I just used a wireshark trace to pull it manual from an interaction with a browser. You could also calculate it using a perl digest module as well saving the manual step.
  $req->authorization_basic( 'Polycom', '456' );

# Send the reset request to the user agent
  my $res = $ua->request( $req );
  print $res->status_line, "\n";

Above is just an example and comes without support. It uses the Polycom and 456 credentials and as noted in the above others would either need to be calculated or taken from a wireshark trace.

Future Software versions may include a more comprehensive API. Please look out for such in future release notes as I am unable to provide an eta.

For feature requests please follow this:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the nice suggestion, this will be usefull for customers registered with a reachable (non-nat) IP adres.

We also have a lot of customers who are behind NAT, we will file a feature request.

HP Recommended

Is there an update to this request? We just tested check-sync on 4.0.9 to no avail.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @rseelaen ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.0.9 is no longer a supported version as it has been replace with many newer versions. For openSIP on SoundPoint and SoundStation IP use UC Software 4.0.14 Rev D.

The Check-Sync facility has not changed much and enabling the voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot parameter will reboot the phone when receiving a check-sync.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen. It appears that the Metaswitch Endpoint Pack that Polycom has delivered to them has voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot set to False. The Metaswitch since release 9.4.20 has a new feature in it that allows technical staff and group administrators to remotely reboot phones. This does not work on SoundPoint and SoundStation phones. It does work fine on VVX phones. Maybe Polycom should include setting the parm to True and update the Metaswitch EP Pack?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
Hello

I struggle to understand how Polycom would do this for Metaswitch?

Please request this from Metaswitch

Replied via a mobile device

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.