Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to change/add/rename the statuses listed in Presence->My Status on a SPIP550?  Also, I dont see any data being sent anywhere from the phone when the "My Status" presence changes to lets say "busy".  Is there a toggle for this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello kmross,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Is is always useful to post the currently used software version as this may indicate an issue if others or yourself check this against the latest release notes.

The status text itself is hardcoded in the software.

Usually a status change should send an XML message to the monitoring phone.

• Does your monitoring phone show the status change?

• Did you setup buddy watching correctly and enable this?

You may want to try to use contact field as "sip:aaa@phoneIP" instead of just the extension.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I assume it is setup properly per admin guide and i do see each others phones within the buddy status.  There is just no change.  I connected a network tap between the 2 polycom phones.  There is no traffic leaving or being received from/to the phone when the status is changed.  Is there a provisioning parameter I need to turn on to make this interface properly? 

HP Recommended

Hello kmross,

still not knowing the currently used software version I am only able to advise as follows.

• Setup a spanned port
  • Take a wireshark trace from bootup of the phone

The phone usually would send a SUBSCRIBE at the beginning but without looking at the trace or replicating this in my Lab, using the same software and configuration as you do, I won't know.

This is outside the scope for myself with the Community and you may want to liaise with your Polycom Reseller and/or Polycom support if other community members won't reply.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello kmross,

just for troubleshooting and better understanding I created a new FAQ post here:

Aug 06, 2013 QuestionHow can I use the Buddy Watch feature?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.