Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Is there a way to have the headset (Jabra 9450) and handset ring (VVX 301) when a call comes in?

Occasional Visitor

Is there a way to have the headset (Jabra 9450) and handset ring (VVX 301) when a call comes in?

Hi All,

New to the forum and thanks in advance for your help.  I did a search but couldn't find anything concrete so hoping someone on the forums could possibly help.

We have a Polycom VVX 301 with UC Software Version 5.4.5.8201.  The handsfree setting is set to "Enabled" as well.  We would like to keep this enabled so that they can use their software to pick up the call and send it directly to their headset.  The Jabra 9450 headset just has a small beep that sometimes the agent can't hear so ringing the handset for any incoming calls would be best.  Is there a way tohave the headset and handset ring when a call comes in?

Again thanks for your folks help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to have the headset (Jabra 9450) and handset ring (VVX 301) when a call comes in?

Hello @SeanT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I would expect the phone and the headset to alert. The phone would ring normally and the headset may in addition alert with whatever sound it can produce.

This is a feature provided by our Partner Jabra and you would need to request this from them.

In addition please ensure to use a currently supported software like UC Software 5.8.1

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: Is there a way to have the headset (Jabra 9450) and handset ring (VVX 301) when a call comes in?

Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that the headset memory is set to "Yes" as well. When this is selected, the ringer only goes to the headset at the moment. I would like to keep this setting if possible and also have the phone and headset ring at the same time. Is this possible?
Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @SeanT,

When using a currently supported Software like UC SOftware 5.8.1 in my own test the phone and headset rings at the same time.

The next step after an upgrade would be to contact your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4