Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Is there any way to adjust MIC gain from the phone itself?

Occasional Contributor

Is there any way to adjust MIC gain from the phone itself?

Hi, we have VVX 300 phones in our office. Some agents use them with wired headset which do not have a gain adjustment, and some people use wireless headsets with random MIC gain dials on the headsets themselves.

I don't want to globally change the mic sensivity on all phones or individual phones, as people swap desk phones and headsets with each other constantly. What I would like is if there were any way to create a softkety on the phone itself that could adjust mic sensitivity to users could tune this themselves. Can it be done? We have a programmer who could probably code this, I'm just wondering if it is possible.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Is there any way to adjust MIC gain from the phone itself?

Hi BigChief!

Unfortunately I won't be able to help answer if a button can be programmed on your Polycom phones to adjust mic sensitivity. We've found that our customers who standardize across a couple of headset models have an easier time knowing the proper volume controls, and managing the headsets is so much easier as well. 

When it comes to a wired headset, you can get an amplifier that would give the users the ability to adjust their microphone control. 

Let me know if I can help answer anything else relating to your headsets.

Thank you,

-Drew Merritt 

<removed due no commercial posts being allowed>

Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Is there any way to adjust MIC gain from the phone itself?

Hello BigChief,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The feature you are asking for is not possible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3