Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Issue with VVX 410

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Issue with VVX 410

I have a VVX410 that will not boot.  I am not familiar with these phones at all.  We are changing providers and needed to change the firmware version.  I have been doing this through the web interface.  I have one phone that something must of happened during the upgrade because I keep getting an error and the phone reboots.  I have googled the issue for two days now and have not been able to get a workable solution.  I am pretty sure reinstalling a different version of the software will fix the issue.  I need to do it from the phone interface though.  I found a few posts indicating that is how to fix it but I have not found an actual reference to server address that will work.   Can someone please either give me a clear set of steps on how to install a new version of the software for my phone with the actual link to use.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Issue with VVX 410

Hello @SSMIC ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It would be great if you could share the error message as we may be able to interpret or explain why the phone is displaying this.

Regarding a server:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Regarding missing software:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / Application not Found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <= and ensure you are not using a TFTP server

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Issue with VVX 410

Right after I posted I found the solution.  There is a recovery server in the UK that I was able to use to reprovision the phone and it boots correctly now.

Message 3 of 3