Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After updating at least 70 of our polycom cx600 devices to firmware revision 4372 the user is not able to log back into the phone should it need re setting for any reason. All of our phones are teathered to PCs. When I roll the software revision back to version 4.0.7577.4100 the users are able to log back into the phone as normal. With versions 4366 and 4372 the users get a sign in error message as attached. Has anyone else experienced this at all? Have logged a call with microsoft however they have been less than helpful so far.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi...Just wondering, did you manage the fix this issue.

I too have same issue, looks to be only option is to downgrade, still cannot find the old firmware.

HP Recommended

In order to get around it we switched off Kerberos security authentication on the Lync front end server in the security window. NTLM and certificate still remain active. This then allowed the users to log back into the phones after firmware upgrades.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please be aware that the Polycom CX phones are using a Microsoft reference design and the software is provided and hosted by Microsoft. The latest current Version is 7577.4397.

There are other blogs on the web where you can find direct links to the previous versions but the actual software is only provided by Microsoft.

Our Polycom colleague Jeff Schertz has created an excellent troubleshooting section => here <= but you may need to consider raising a TAC case with Microsoft directly.

All support issues need to be logged via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi AEGlobal,

Thank you very much for the update, I did try that option still the same issue.

This works without a issue when connecting through internet (edge)

Please see the attachment, event the error txt is wrong with usb plugin.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

as already mentioned the software being used by your phone is not the latest version.

In addition the screenshots attached show a spelling mistake on the screen as the \ is not being displayed.

The Software on the phones and the LYNC environment is provided by Microsoft so you should go ahead and upgrade at least one phone and if you still have issues gather the relevant logs as shown in Jeff's blog and then escalate this via Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi...tks for the update.

In my setup the firmware version is the latest one CU9 (.4397)

I am  really interested in the part  where you have mention "spelling mistake", coz I am very  confident that I enter the correct format. and we have tried all the combinations as well.

Can anything else can trigger this kind of behavior, like after I enter the correct format  -domain/username/password.

Thanks again for the update.

BR

Shahan

HP Recommended

Hello Shanan,

the spelling mistake is in the Microsoft software as displayed in your attached picture Sign-in_usb.jpg.

I shows " DomainWuser name"

Please raise this with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Shanan.

We still have the same issue even though yes we are using the latest version of the software 4397 and were advised by Microsoft to turn off Kerberos auth as a work around as it appeared that this was the problem after they and I looked at it. Once we switched it off our users could log back into their phones if they had to be re started or logged out for what ever reason. Have now re opened the call with Microsoft as we now want the Kerberos level of security authorization and have advised Microsoft that if necessary they need to involve their Active directory team to get this issue resolved. If you do report this issue to Microsoft ensure you tell them that the issues you have started after release 4100 as it did with us as before release version 4366 and 4372 we had no problems what so ever. The more people that report this issue to Microsoft the better as they might actually find where the issue is, Our case has been with them since the beginning of this year!

HP Recommended

Hello AEGlobal,

thanks for providing this feedback as this is a great help to other users.

Would it be possible for yourself to provide the TAC case so we can internally liaise with Microsoft?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.