Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am trying to configure optional re-registration on failover behavior as specified by the Ploycom Engineering Advisory 66546. The document indicates that base on the settings provided the IP Phone will only register to the secondary server when the primary fails (a diagram was provided illustrating this), however my phone keeps registering to the primary an secondary simultaneously.

Please assist in providing the best configuration to have the phone registered only one server per instance, primary first then secondary if primary fails...I have provided phone specs and config details

SoundPoint IP 450 

UC Software Version 4.0.2.11532

BootROM Software Version 5.0.2.12692

reg.1.protocol.SIP="1" reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf="1" reg.1.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1" reg.1.useCompleteUriForRetrieve="1" reg.1.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.mode="newRequests" reg.1.outboundProxy.failOver.failBack.timeout="3600" reg.1.outboundProxy.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1" reg.1.outboundProxy.failOver.reRegisterOn="0" reg.1.outboundProxy.port="0" reg.1.outboundProxy.transport="UDPOnly"

reg.1.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="0" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1" reg.1.server.1.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode="newRequests" reg.1.server.1.failOver.failBack.timeout="3600" reg.1.server.1.port="" reg.1.server.1.register="1" reg.1.server.1.transport="UDPOnly" reg.1.server.1.expires="3600" reg.1.server.1.expires.lineSeize="30" reg.1.server.1.expires.overlap="60" reg.1.server.1.retryMaxCount="3" reg.1.server.1.retryTimeOut="0"

reg.1.server.2.failOver.reRegisterOn="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode="duration" reg.1.server.2.failOver.failBack.timeout="300" reg.1.server.2.port="" reg.1.server.2.register="1" reg.1.server.2.transport="UDPOnly" reg.1.server.2.expires="150" reg.1.server.2.expires.lineSeize="30" reg.1.server.2.expires.overlap="60" reg.1.server.2.retryMaxCount="3" reg.1.server.2.retryTimeOut="0"

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Jam

Can you post the complete configuration? There are many settings that affect this scenario and we'd need to see all the server configuration parameters before being able to answer with a complete and correct answer.

When you post the details please remember to remove any passwords or sensitive information. You should rename the server addresses to "Server 1" "Server 2" and so on. Please make sure they are unique to the servers they are replacing.

For example:

yoursipserver01.example.com you would replace with Server 1

yoursipserver02.example.com you would replace with Server 2

HP Recommended

Hi,

were you able to figure this out?

I am having the same issue on SoundPoints(UC4.0.8) and VVX(UC5.1.1) for , where the phone registers to both primary and secondary during the intial boot; however I am looking to register only to primary (and reregister to secondary ONLY in case of an primary failure).

Config XML for redundancy in my case is:

<voIpProt.server voIpProt.server.1.expires="300 "
    voIpProt.server.1.address="%SBC_ADDRESS%"
    voIpProt.server.1.port="5060"
    voIpProt.server.1.transport="UDPOnly"  

voIpProt.server.1.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
    voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1"
    voIpProt.server.1.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" 
    voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failBack.mode="duration"
    voIpProt.server.1.failOver.failBack.timeout="120"

voIpProt.server.2.address="SBC_ADDRESS_2%"
    voIpProt.server.2.port="5060"
    voIpProt.server.2.transport="UDPOnly"      

voIpProt.server.2.failOver.reRegisterOn="1"
    voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failRegistrationOn="1"
    voIpProt.server.2.failOver.onlySignalWithRegistered="1" 
    voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failBack.mode="duration"
    voIpProt.server.2.failOver.failBack.timeout="120"

/>

I have tried multiple variations of 1/0 for server.2.failOver tag, but none seem to disable that "normal' state registration.

According to Technical Bulletin 5844, simulteneous registration is a new feature introduced in UC firmware UC Software 4.0.x.

Is there any way to enable "legacy behaviour" for UC firmware where only 1 registration is maintaned at one time?

HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have a look => here <= as this was discussed in the past.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

following up on this thread.

I have configured the phone with DNS SRV setup where 2 servers are being returned by SRV query,

however the Polycom phone still tries to register to both of the servers upon a boot.

Unforutanately, it does not solve my issue, as I am looking for the following logic from phone prospective:

1) Bootup

2) Discover 2 servers (wheather from config file OR SRV query)

3) Register only to primary server

4) If primary, fails  - register to secondary server

5) When primary comes back online, un-register from secondary, RE-register to primary

This way only 1 active registration is maintained at a time..

Can you please advise if this is possible and point me to some documentation, if exists..

Thank you in advance.

Alex

HP Recommended

Alex_A,

Hello! Were you able to get a response to this post? We are trying to achieve the exact same thing and am running into the same issues everyone has been posting. According to the doc they reference (Engineering Advisory 66546) you (we) should be able to achieve this without DNS. But, the links being referenced only provide solutions where DNS is used. Thank you.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.