Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Issues with configuring or upgrading VVX 501

Occasional Visitor

Issues with configuring or upgrading VVX 501

I received a VVX 501 that I'm not able to reach the web UI, nor the typical phone settings.  I've reset to factory default and same result.  It seems like there's no load or a very old one, menu doesn't give an option to upgrade. 

When the phone boots, error:

Could not load 64167f9d75a0.cfg. using exisiting configuration.

Error, application is not present

Any suggestions on how I can update?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Issues with configuring or upgrading VVX 501

Hello @Mr.D 

its always useful to check the FAQ as recommended in the Read Me first:

Sep 27, 2012 QuestionI get the message “Error application not present / Application not Found” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <= or => here <= and ensure you are not using a TFTP server

INGRAM MICRO LP sold this phone at 18/12/2019 and you can contact them if you need additional support.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2