Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

LDAP Corporate Directory

SOLVED
Highlighted
Advisor

LDAP Corporate Directory

Good morning,

I am trying to experiment with LDAP support in the Polycom phone, but despite having read the documentation,

the Technical Bulletin about good practices and also this forum, it does not work.

When the phone boots, it correctly binds to the LDAP server :

Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: BIND#012 => msgid: 1
Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: BIND#012 => suffix: dc=ds,dc=local,dc=beip,dc=be
Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: BIND#012 => dn: cn=755,dc=ds,dc=local,dc=beip,dc=be
Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: BIND#012 => method: 128
Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: BIND#012 => credlen: 4

Then unbinds :

Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: UNBIND#012 => msgid: 3
Oct  4 10:11:03 heraclite slapd-backend: UNBIND#012 => suffix: dc=ds,dc=local,dc=beip,dc=be

(not sure if it is supposed to do that)

Then, when I do a search, nothing happens. I see no LDAP query, the Polycom simply indicates "No result found".

Debug tells nothing either.

Here is the relevant portion of my config :

<dir><dir.corp dir.corp.address="ldap://wwwtel.local.beip.be" dir.corp.port="389" dir.corp.transport="TCP" dir.corp.baseDN="dc=ds,dc=local,dc=beip,dc=be" dir.corp.scope="sub" dir.corp.user="cn=755,dc=ds,dc=local,dc=beip,dc=be" dir.corp.password="1234" dir.corp.backGroundSync="0" dir.corp.sortControl="0"><dir.corp.attribute dir.corp.attribute.1.name="sn" dir.corp.attribute.1.label="Name" dir.corp.attribute.1.type="last_name" dir.corp.attribute.1.searchable="1" dir.corp.attribute.1.filter="" dir.corp.attribute.1.sticky="0"></dir.corp.attribute></dir.corp></dir>

Does something look wrong ?

We are using UCS 4.0.x.

Thanks for any help,

Damien Sandras

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Advisor

Re: LDAP Corporate Directory

I suppose I do not need to activate some kind of productivity license to get it working with that UCS release ?

Message 2 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello dsandras,

Since UCS 4.0.0 plenty of features require no longer a license and older Version can use the free site license as explained in the FAQ here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: Unable to use Productivity Suite Feature like Call Recording,H323 or LDAP / Corporate Directory

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The release notes for example for the currently latest publicly available UCS 4.0.2 => here <= mention on page 4:

Understanding Phone Platform Features and Licenses

As of release 4.0.0, UC Software supports the Productivity Suite, which includes features such as a Corporate Directory, Visual Conference Management, USB Call Recording, Polycom Desktop Connector, and Exchange Calendar. Upgrading to current UC Software automatically enables the Productivity Suite; no license is required. The Voice Quality Monitoring (VQMon) feature will continue to be a licensed and paid product.

Did you actually activate the corporate directory feature via feature.corporateDirectory.enabled="1" ?

Is this a valid address dir.corp.address="ldap://wwwtel.local.beip.be" ?

I would suggest you add a log.level.change.ldap="0" and then check the logs.

If you still have Issues I am quite sure you are aware how to bring this to the attention of our support organization.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 4
Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Actually, the solution was simple... Specifying a second attribute corresponding to the phone number was required.

I was expecting the Polycom to use the standard field specified in the search request answer, but I was wrong!

Thanks for the answer,

Damien

Message 4 of 4