Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Community,

Let me first say that I am really new to the polycom/trixbox set up process.  I have been given the task to add more phones to our current setup...so I purchased the same phones (so i thought) we already had -IP301/501.  These phones however have a different "REV" letter.  On our 301's in the past we were using REVA1, and the phone that came in is REVF.  These REVF phones will not boot properly - Error - Application is not present.

I have logged into the tftpboot server (/tftpboot) and have noticed that it was able to pull down the MAC.cfg, MACreg.cfg, and MAC-boot.log.  However, the xxxx-xxxxx-xxx.sip.ld and xxxx-xxxxx-xxx.bootrom.ld are not showing up at all. 

Is the difference in REV actually causing this to happen?

Boot.log errors:

1003154212|cfg  |3|00|Image bootrom.ld has not changed.
1003154213|cfg  |4|00|Could not get all 512 bytes of the header.
1003154213|app1 |6|00|Error application is not present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kyle

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Community FAQ already contains:

Sep 27, 2012 Question: I get the error Message “application not present” on my phones screen

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure that you provide the Phone with a Provisioning Server so it can download its configuration and software as your setup may not contain all files.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am using Trixbox already for provisioning - I thought...

What files are lacking from my setup?

Does REV have anything to do with this?

I understand that you have had "application not present" in the past as an issue, but from my experience...that error comes up for many different reasons.

HP Recommended

Hi,

1. setup a local FTP Server
  2. Download the latest SIP Software & BootROM for the phones from => here <=
  3. Point the phone to the IP Address of the FTP Server and enter User  & Password for the User that has been created to host the software

Once the phone connects to the server it will be able to upload its log files and these will tell you exactly what is failing if it would still be failing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Our polycom 301's are currently pulling sip version 3.1.3.0439.

Instead of creating the FTP server, could I just replace our current version with the latest SIP on the website (3.1.8) ?  Will that have any ill effects?

I know we had trouble with the correct firmware or sip when adding Polycom 321s to our collection.  Would this affect us being able to use those phones?

I have downloaded the latest off the website....I believe I need 2201-11301-001.sip.ld (that number is on the back of the phone)...but that file isn't in the zip file I downloaded.

Sorry for my ignorance...I'm the acting systems administrator now that our systems administrator left the company....this process wasn't well documented.

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

I cannot possibly comment or advise on the trixbox and you may find more Information in their community (if it exists) or raise a ticket with them.

Getting your Phones back and working will need a provisioning server as already advised.

What type of server you use is your own decision but I would recommend an FTP server with the suggested software.

This is all described in the FAQ and multiple other post's within the community.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Well regardless to what Im using as a provisioning server...I still don't believe this is going to work if I don't have the right XXX-XXXX-XXX.sip.ld file.  I guess Im going to have to download each release untill I find one matching the phones sip.ld

Looking for 2201-11301-001.sip.ld

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

if you download the SIP 3.1.8 and the BootROM 4.1.4 and unzip this and use an FTP Server allowing to append you will see that the phone either downloads the 2345-11300-010.sip_318.ld if a split download is used or sip_318.ld if combined is used as the 000000000000.cfg will tell the Phone what to download.

Without going into to much details the below part:

<APPLICATION_SPIP301 APP_FILE_PATH_SPIP301="sip_318.ld" CONFIG_FILES_SPIP301="phone1_318.cfg, sip_318.cfg" />

shows for example what is loaded but the phone will always also look for it's Part number 2345-11300 in addition.

Let the phone provision and it will create a <mac>-boot.log and once the application is loaded in addition a <mac>-app.log.

The community FAQ contains a section regarding using legacy phones and if all fails you can always contact Polycom support directly but would need to go via the PPI (Pay per Incident) route.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.