Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am considering setting up a Polycom 8800 and Visual+ collaboration kit in hybrid mode with Zoom on line 2.

Polycom Trio 8800
Software: 5.9.3.7982
Part number: 3111-65290-001 Rev:A
MAC address: 64:16:7F:29:BA:48

In order to use Zoom as an unregistered client in the Polycom supported hybrid mode, is it necessary to have a Zoom Conference Room Connector software licence?

The information on the official and unofficial forums appears to differ on this.

As a follow-up, assuming I have a Zoom CRC licence, will the kit be able to connect to a meeting hosted by a third party if that party does not have a CRC licence?

Thanks

Geoff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming that.

Having done a bit more research, it appears that your original reply is out of date, as Zoom CRC clients are now able to link into meetings hosted by Zoom non-CRC schedulers. However, the process requires an additional step involving opening up a browser on a separate device and a typing in a pairing code.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022698332-Using-the-Attendee-s-CRC-license

As I expect this will be too fiddly for most of our users, I will enquire with Zoom about setting up a Zoom Room with PBX integration.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The license is associated with the meeting scheduler.  There is no license attached to the endpoint itself, rather the device consumes a license on the account who scheduled the meeting. If the scheduler is not enabled for the CRC capability, the Trio will not be able to join the meeting. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the clear explanation.

As a follow-up question, if a Trio 8800 is set up as a Zoom Rooms Controller, then there is no restriction on joining a meeting with a non-CRC zoom scheduler?

In this configuration, can the Trio 8800 still receive and dial-out phone calls natively via our existing PBX, or is that handled by Zoom Rooms?

HP Recommended

If you switch the Trio to Zoom Rooms Controller, then you'll need to swap your V+/VPro out with a Poly Studio X or G7500 or with a Zoom Rooms PC.  By doing so, you'll also need a Zoom Rooms License attached to the Zoom Room. At that point, a CRC port is no longer required, and the 'room' would be able to join any and all Zoom Meetings, regardless of who creates/hosts the meeting.

Regarding your second question, once you move to zoom room connector, you are no longer running the Poly UC Software SIP Application, it will not concurrently register directly to your PBX.  It instead is running the Zoom Software Application.  You would need to either integrate your PBX via SIP to Zoom or just purchase a Zoom Phone License with PSTN capabilities.  You would then use the integrated UX flow for telephony functionality.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming that.

Having done a bit more research, it appears that your original reply is out of date, as Zoom CRC clients are now able to link into meetings hosted by Zoom non-CRC schedulers. However, the process requires an additional step involving opening up a browser on a separate device and a typing in a pairing code.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022698332-Using-the-Attendee-s-CRC-license

As I expect this will be too fiddly for most of our users, I will enquire with Zoom about setting up a Zoom Room with PBX integration.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.