Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We occasionally have issues where customers will get "phantom" calls from "SIP scanners" on their phones. The phone seems to accept these calls, even though they are not coming from the registered proxy. Is there a way to force the phone to only accept calls from the registered proxy and ignore all others?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello 24x8,

not knowing what software version your clients are running have a look at the UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide section titled Incoming Signal Validation.

I have not checked this existence in previous software versions and you may need to work with your Polycom reseller if further support for your professional installation is required.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, I'm running 4.0.1. In studying the documentation you referred to me, I think the following is what I need to ensure that INVITE messages can only come from my proxy--can you confirm? Also, I'm not quite clear on what the 'x' refers to (I'm using '1' based on the example I found, but what does it mean)?

<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.server voIpProt.server.1.address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" voIpProt.server.1.port="0" />
<voIpProt.SIP voIpProt.SIP.enable="1">
<voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy voIpProt.SIP.outboundProxy.address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" />
<voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source" voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE" />
</voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>

HP Recommended

As an update, we have empirically determined that this is the correct format and works as expected.

HP Recommended

24x8's solution works. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thank you for this data. I have phones both inside and outside the network... So this probably wouldn't be good for my inside phones.

Were you able to put this code in the individual phone provision cfg files or did you have to put this in the overall sip.cfg for every phone?

HP Recommended

Hello ITdept,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 24 2014 Question:How can I prevent tools like sipvicious or nuisance Cisco calls ringing my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

As already responded in this post the above FAQ explains in detail how to stop this presenting various options.

Any phone you would like to no longer receive "phishing" calls should load this configuration.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

It is too bad. This is a simple dropdown box on Yealink phones. "Accept SIP trust server only" choose enable and done. Polycom devices are much better build quality (the best in my opinion), but lack in the ease of use for config. +1 for making this a web gui option. To me this seems like an obvious welcome software update. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.