Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Local Call Forward intermittently fails on VVX models running 4.1.6 firmware

tiliff
Occasional Contributor

Local Call Forward intermittently fails on VVX models running 4.1.6 firmware

Hi,

I have a customer site which is complaining of local call forward enable and disable intermittently failing.  This is on VVX models running firmware 4.1.6.  Description from user:  "forwarded her phone at the end of her workday (before leaving work) and the next morning it was found to be not forwarded, they went to the phone to push the enable forwarding button, but when they push the button on the phone the display keeps showing disabled."

Is this a known issue or is there some configuration which needs to be verified?

Regards,

Tina

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Local Call Forward intermittently fails on VVX models running 4.1.6 firmware

Hello Tina,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 4.1.6 has been replaced by either UC Software 4.1.7 or even 4.1.8

I suggest you check the release notes and maybe upgrade the affected phone.

If the issue still occurs please escalate this to Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 5
tiliff
Occasional Contributor

Re: Local Call Forward intermittently fails on VVX models running 4.1.6 firmware

The latest reply is not really helpful.

Message 3 of 5
tiliff
Occasional Contributor

t

Message 4 of 5
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Tina,

You are running an outdated software so my advise is to upgrade the software and prior to this check the release notes.

The latest Supported Software at present for the VVX would be UC Software 5.2.0

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 5 of 5